AC and PIPA law?
Will you switch off your services for protest as Wiki?
Thanks given by:
Come again?
Thanks given by:
It's a bunch of bills being passed, that basically give you no internet privacy, many sites are making themselves go down as a sign of protest tomorrow. Wikipedia and Reddit etc.
Thanks given by:
Aka SOPA.
Thanks given by:
ahhhh. thought i was going to have post the old 'teabag thread' picture.
seems like a good idea. Screw censoring the internets
Thanks given by:
So sites are closing down to show SOPA that they dont like them or that they do?
Thanks given by:
Protest but here

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/...e-internet
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 06:58PM)Alien Wrote: Will you switch off your services for protest as Wiki?
No, Alien. Unless forces beyond my control act against me, this domain and its content will available to the world (apart from those nasty, snooping Chinese servers I blocked).
Thanks given by:
I'd think it'd be a nice idea for AC to, just my opinion.

However, I think it'd be even better if Facebook and Google did so.
Thanks given by:
^
However, I don't think AC will make much of a difference.
F1 to Wikipedia and etc. for doing it, though.
Thanks given by:
"The more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes" - Barrack Obama
What a fucking hypocrite!

Reminds me of this..
"By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will." - Charlie Chaplin
Thanks given by:
http://www.sopastrike.com/
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 10:48AM)MykeGregory Wrote: What a fucking hypocrite!

Well, the White House has opposed the bill, at least in its current form.
Thanks given by:
I got the papers yesterday when I was in England (gosh have you seen that page 3? ) and from what it said it's only the UK side of Wiki that will shut down for the day, rest of the world isn't concerned about this black out.

imo it's the only trick they (usa) found to get Julian Assange's wikileaks down.
Thanks given by:
This thing has been circulating around the internet for months now, and only now it becomes worldwide? :|
Thanks given by:
http://www.minecraft.net/ nicely said ;)
Thanks given by:
Catchy ;)
Thanks given by:
I cringed.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 11:07AM)tempest Wrote:
(18 Jan 12, 10:48AM)MykeGregory Wrote: What a fucking hypocrite!

Well, the White House has opposed the bill, at least in its current form.
Yeah, the White House and Obama opposed the bill, and according to what I've heard they will just postpone the day it'll be issued.

Thanks given by:
Obama. <3
Thanks given by:
Best rant evar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvCDtd3kyU
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 10:48AM)MykeGregory Wrote: Reminds me of this..
"By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will." - Charlie Chaplin

It's my daily video since 2 months now.
Thanks given by:
Most of the .ca counterparts of websites shutting down are still up. Supposedly google was shutting down, but from my area I see no such shut down so I'm unsure if they ever did.

Wiki's black out is a little lame from what I can see. The page loads normal then suddenly changes to the black out support page so once the page loads just hit stop and Wiki works like normal. That may be because I'm not in the US, I'm unsure.
Thanks given by:
wIKIPEDIA PAGES IS faster in us
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 03:04PM)Woolly Wrote: Most of the .ca counterparts of websites shutting down are still up. Supposedly google was shutting down, but from my area I see no such shut down so I'm unsure if they ever did.

Wiki's black out is a little lame from what I can see. The page loads normal then suddenly changes to the black out support page so once the page loads just hit stop and Wiki works like normal. That may be because I'm not in the US, I'm unsure.

same here
you can disable javascript on en.wikipedia.org to make it work
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 06:35PM)Luc@s Wrote: you can disable javascript on en.wikipedia.org to make it work

Or you can adblock that banner controller, which is normally used to display Jimmy's "important" messages. I was wondering for quite some time why nothing would black out even though I had JS explicitly allowed... :D
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 02:01PM)Orynge Wrote: Best rant evar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvCDtd3kyU
<3
just made my day LOL
Thanks given by:
That youtube rant link = WIN! xD
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 12:19PM)1ceMaster Wrote: That youtube rant link = WIN! xD

Man please, stop your spamming attack, 23 posts since...today.

edit: 25 now (2 news since 1mn)
Thanks given by:
Chill ExodusS. This is what spammers do, and it's not like he'll ever be back to see your comment. He just needed to post enough to get his spam URL into his profile, then like that....he is gone. Fortunately we have a couple of alert mods/admins who were watching out for it, so his work was wasted.
Thanks given by: