Banned for Speedhacking
K i just got autobanned for "speedhacking" in the Mys Ctf server in AC 1.1 because everyone was lagging and the idiot game is to stupid to tell the difference between speedhack and bad lag

[19:29] <apanda> the answer is that the detection cant tell bad lag from good speedhack

GREAT JOB AC. YOUVE COME SO FAR.
Thanks given by:
i removed this post because i just remembered that i need to stay unbanned from the forums

ok
Thanks given by:
BLACKLIST ALL LAGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 03:35AM)MusicMan10 Wrote: [Image: 1279544624949.gif]
WIN. +1
Thanks given by:
That's gonaa cause some problem.s
lol @ GIF image
Thanks given by:
thats rough man! if i ever get laggy laggy now i'm going to just leave the game!

i'm thinking that this will be a regular occurance in 1.1, so we will have to be carefull.
Thanks given by:
Poor aussies..
Thanks given by:
:F.. this sucks.. i got banned for 'speed hacking' when all i was really doing is lagging..
Thanks given by:
i was banned too
why the hell did you guys rush 1.1 :|
Thanks given by:
don't cheat and it will be OK :)
Thanks given by:
I could say "Stop lagging that bad" but on the other hand "AC is supposed to be playable with lag".
Thanks given by:
ac 1.1 atm is failing, i can't play because of the auto bans on lag..
Thanks given by:
what you are all describing is strange:
i played on servers with a (unstable) minimun ping of 450 which continiusly jumped too +1000 and i'm someone run and jumps, i dont camp
never got a single ban of speedhacking, only in some SVN tests made on purpose to calibrate the anticheat.
also i always have very bad PJ

so i'm a lagger, describe your lag :) pj? ping?
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 04:30AM)DrauL Wrote:
(05 Aug 10, 03:35AM)MusicMan10 Wrote: [Image: 1279544624949.gif]
WIN. +1

Rofl , nice one.
Thanks given by:
Kirin really lags bad in this game :P
Thanks given by:
surely you can configure the speedhack auto ban to be chosen as a kick/ban or on/off feature?
Thanks given by:
Blue, we can't just simply avoid this problem by switching it off or making it only kick people, it's got to be fixed.
Thanks given by:
As kirin said, it is really strange... if you are lagging, the speedhack detector threats you as "special".... and in all tests we did, we did not have one single false positive.

So I would like to see the logs and the demo.
Thanks given by:
well me shorty and xfa are all having this problem. i dont have the demo as i was banned
Thanks given by:
If Kirin's lag doesn't get banned by the anti-cheat, then it's fine.
Wait...
Thanks given by:
I've been getting huge PJ spikes as well, my highest ping (that I have actually seen) has been 800+ and I've been playing while the family is using the internet as well, but I haven't been kicked once for any reason at all. And I live in Australia.
Thanks given by:
Easy way out = Bring back .93

Hard way out = Continue messing with current AssaultCube until it looks like a Borg mothership hopped up on goofballs and wiffledusters
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 11:46PM)MorganKell Wrote: Easy way out = Bring back .93

Hard way out = Continue messing with current AssaultCube until it looks like a Borg mothership hopped up on goofballs and wiffledusters
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 12:25AM)Drakas Wrote:

Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 12:55AM)MusicMan10 Wrote:

Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 01:17AM)XFA Wrote:

Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 01:41AM)DrauL Wrote:
(06 Aug 10, 01:17AM)XFA Wrote:

Thanks given by:
Hell fire... you dumb kids.
Do not spam and read this thread:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-478.html
Thanks given by: