MasterServer Not Replying
Hi,

I just downloaded AC 1.1.0.4, and trying to get online, but it keeps saying that "Master server not replying". Also tried adding different public servers posted on forums, but they do not connect either. What am I missing?

Obviously my internet is working, since I posted this on the forum using the same laptop.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
You might be caught in a range ban, which means your IP is in a range of IPs that have been banned for cheating, hacking, etc.

in the meantime have you tried re-downloading it? Or simply closing then opening it again?
Thanks given by:
No I haven't re-downloaded it, but I think it could be an issue of the range ban.

Any idea on where to refer this to?

Also, when I added the other public servers, it seems my client is being able to reach them, but not connect to them. Like for instance, in the server list, when I highlight a particular server it says "this is a password protected server". In any case, I cannot connect to any of the servers I have listed.

Thanks given by:
Do you have a firewall? Check the range of allowed ports. By default used 28763 and 28764 udp ports.
Do you have an external static IP?
Also, you can say me (PM) your nickname in a game's settings, and try connect to my server directly:
So, i can see a result in my logs.
Thanks given by:
No I do not have a firewall or an external static IP.

My nickname: dsnowman

Trying now.
Thanks given by:
There's no record in the master server logs of you trying to connect.
Sorry to ask what may be a retarded question, but are you sure you've got 1.1.0.4, and not 1.0.4?
Thanks given by:
I also don't see any attempt for connecting to my server.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jan 12, 06:35PM)jamz Wrote: There's no record in the master server logs of you trying to connect.
Sorry to ask what may be a retarded question, but are you sure you've got 1.1.0.4, and not 1.0.4?

Thanks. You were right. I quite like a retard did install 1.04!! Got 1.1.0.4 running and everything is working now.

Thanks all of you!
Thanks given by: