The AC1.1 score system
Panda: mmh, that is indeed something to consider

Anyway - we've put it in, although we know it's not finished or in any way "perfect" - but it's already having a tremendously positive effect IMHO : we're actually discussing the diverse tactics and social (!) aspects of playing a match of AssaultCube.
Wonderful!! :)
Keep the discussion rolling, we will be sure to take all views into account and hope to find good algorithms to make the score be the best it can!
Thanks given by:
shotgun gib doesn't desserve a 12 pts when frags are 10pts......nothing special in a shotgun gib,75% of shotgun frags are gib......

the rest looks good :)
Thanks given by:
I agree !
Thanks given by:
I'm not a big fan of the fact that you now loose points when you drop the flag, especially for HTF, sometimes is key to drop the flag to your teammates when you only have some few hp left. Even for CTF, players should be allowed to drop the flag without seeing a drop on the score board, imo.
Thanks given by:
Presumably, with the addition that they don't gain points for picking up again. We might see a lot of drop/pickup scripts appearing otherwise. For the pointzz!
Thanks given by:
I never thought about doing that until you said it jamz.
Thanks given by:
Or do it like in Sauer: you can drop the flag on purpose, but if you did that, you can't pick it up again. That's a very good idea imo.
Thanks given by:
I've noticed that in HTF, you don't get any points for carrying the flag and keeping it away from enemies. You should get points for holding the flag whenever someone else on the team scores.
Thanks given by:
i agree with you anywaste, maybe 4 points per flag is good enough?
Thanks given by:
gj making the game more nooby!
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 10, 12:21AM)anywaste Wrote: I've noticed that in HTF, you don't get any points for carrying the flag and keeping it away from enemies. You should get points for holding the flag whenever someone else on the team scores.

In HTF, if you are holding the flag, you gain extra points for killing the enemies (and lose extra points if you die with the flag). These extra points are not much... but to skilled players can do the difference.

(24 Aug 10, 08:47PM)TheCrema Wrote: I'm not a big fan of the fact that you now loose points when you drop the flag, especially for HTF, sometimes is key to drop the flag to your teammates when you only have some few hp left. Even for CTF, players should be allowed to drop the flag without seeing a drop on the score board, imo.

I am not sure now... but you only lose points if you drop in CTF. Anyway, you lose to balance the score you got for taking it. This is not the perfect solution (as pointed by the others) but remember we are testing this.
Thanks given by:
Great work!
Thanks given by:
I have a doubt
- death = -4, but if you got tkilled anyway you lost that points?
because if you lost points, it is a problem when there's a tkiller. I noticed some servers kick tkillers when -6, but is not the same in all servers, i remember a server kick at -10 tkills!

- I noticed too that some guys can just hide in a corner camping in their base and get a good score defending and recovering their flag.

- And if i'm no wrong, the server shuffle/force teams according team scores, but in ctf or htf where flags are most important, server made some weird shuffle/force like here:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6848/...ellerh.jpg

That´s the screenshot i had, but i´ve stay in games where the shuffle is more weird (giving all the flags cla/rvsf and 0* other team).
Thanks given by:
1) That's up to server owners, but I agree that 10 is a bit eccentric.
2) Camping is a legitimate strategy; learn to combat it.
3) Can't explain that one. XD
Thanks given by:
Hmm... i've never noticed how that works...
Thanks given by:
Massive, massive gravedig...
Thanks given by:
* Ronald_Reagan wonders why the thread wasn't closed.
Thanks given by: