AssaultCube Fatal Error: 1.1.0.4
Hi there.

As I couldn't find this thread, created by someone else, I'll create it

Sometimes AssaultCube 1.1.0.4 fails when loading a map, like ac_rattrap

95% of the times that I try to load ac_rattrap AC fails and shows this error:

AssaultCube Fatal error:

AssaultCube Win32 exception:
0x0000005 [0x0] 0

but when AC loads the map by himself (You know, he always loads a map when is executed) this error doesn't show up.

My system specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600
nVidia GF4 MX-4000 128M DDR2
RAM: I use 2 hardwares; the first has 512M (448M usables) and the second has 1024M (My aunt gave it to me because it was failing)
H.D.D. The one where AC is installed (C:\Archivos de Programa\AssaultCube_1.1.0.4\) is an Hitachi, 80,0GB
Thanks given by:
You mean when you go through the menus to load the map it fails? Then when you type /dm ac_rattrap it also fails?
Thanks given by:
i'm not too good with this but isnt the 'Win32 exception:' bit where its trying to load stuff from the wrong folder?
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 12, 12:37PM)MykeGregory Wrote: i'm not too good with this but isnt the 'Win32 exception:' bit where its trying to load stuff from the wrong folder?

Uhm I guess, but that thing like 0x000 blah...blah...blah lookslike some RAM issues

I'd take a snapshot about what I get but this isn't my pc, where AC is not installed.
(13 Jan 12, 01:02AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: You mean when you go through the menus to load the map it fails? Then when you type /dm ac_rattrap it also fails?
Ronald_Reagan dateline '1326412961' Wrote: You mean when you go through the menus to load the map it fails?

Yep, it fails when loading it from the menu, but it doesn't fails when AC opens it by himself, I mean when AC is executed.

Even loading it in "Empty map mode" it fails!!
Thanks given by:
I guess I am super confused about the process. When AC is executed? What do you mean by that?
Thanks given by:
When he starts AC and the client loads rattrap by itself it doesnt fail.
Thanks given by:
This happens to me too. It's whenever a new map is loaded, and I'm in spectate mode, or dead. It happens almost every time I load a new map. It doesn't happen when I join an already playing game, just when it is voted, or rotated in.
Thanks given by:
0x05 usually means bad OpenGL drivers IIRC.
Thanks given by:
Also make sure you downloaded AC from the "Download" link above.

http://assault.cubers.net/download.html
Thanks given by:
Try re-downloading the client. It could also be your RAM.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 12, 10:09PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I guess I am super confused about the process. When AC is executed? What do you mean by that?

Each time you execute AC it loads a map, right?

ok let's suppose AC loaded ac_rattrap, there is no problem.

Now I'll open it by myself:

Single player > Team deathmatch (Any mode) > Players (Any number) > Map (ac_rattrap) > FAIL
Thanks given by:
And what happens if you load a map through the console, e.g. /tdm ac_rattrap ?
Thanks given by:
hey i have kinda the same problem
when i try to start ac that fatal error message appears and i cant even start the game but mine says:
Win32 exception: 0xc0000005 [0x401036] 0
i already reinstalled the game and its the same thing... dunno what to do now :S
and it worked fine few days ago...
Thanks given by:
I get this whenever a server goes into intermission and a new map loads. It happens every time without fail. Should I re install AC?

[Image: 36327.png]
Thanks given by:
just delete some maps, then it should work
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 12, 01:49AM).JK. Wrote: I get this whenever a server goes into intermission and a new map loads. It happens every time without fail. Should I re install AC?
This happens even if you have map?
Like, it happens even if its a official map?
Thanks given by:
I'm about 90% sure it does. could scripts have anything to do with it. I also noticed that it happens when I take screenshots. I have autoscreenshot on, but it was happening before too. could it be the way I installed ac?
Thanks given by:
If you have autoscreenshot after round is over and it crashes my guess is screenshot format.

Change format for screenshot.

/screenshottype 2

Or use menu to change.
Settings -> misc menu

Can't take a screenshot.
Screenshot help.
Thanks given by:
I am getting the same error, it was also working a few days ago :(
Thanks given by:
me too, but only when i'm on desktop while the server changes the map..

edit: it happens since i'm using windows 7, never had that issue with xp
Thanks given by:
Screenshots actually save, though. I think I should just backup my maps and re download. I had name and weapon issues.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, but WTF are you talking about ,JK??
Thanks given by:
My name changed to a name I have not used in like a month, and the weapon changed to a weapon that I wasn't using when I quit yesterday. When I tried to re install, it re installed, but the problem is even worse. I can't get maps, can't actually play because it goes into a MOTD loop. Something tells me that I need to completely get rid of AC and re install. I obviously have made a mistake somewhere. How to completely re install on win7?
Thanks given by:
My guess is that you do not have read/write permission where you installed AC.

But of course, thats my guess.
I gonna let Windows users answer this one.
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 02:05AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: My guess is that you do not have read/write permission where you installed AC.

But of course, thats my guess.
I gonna let Windows users answer this one.

That's my guess as well. I think that sunday would be a better day to fix this. I have all day on sunday.
Thanks given by:
Sunday?
Shit, that my birthday.

Im drunk from now and to monday!!.1.1.1!!
Thanks given by:
I can't expect you to help me on your birthday...

EDIT: re installing again worked. It fixed the error for I don't know how long. Now to re install mods. I think that the mods may have caused it... should I tell you which mods I want to install, and you tell me which could have caused win32's?

smoothzoom(script)
xhairanim(script)
machete(weapon)
Protox(hud, smoke, other stuff)
tools(required, script)
Private server menu(script, here: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2975.html)
Maybe this:
// On TK message script by DES|Bukz. Little mod by Kirin. Some ideas and help from |BC|Wolf & DES|V-Man.

if (! (strstr $mapstartalways tkchk)) [add2alias mapstartalways [sleep 1000 [tkchk]]] []
    if (checkalias srymsg) [] [srymsg = "Sorry Man, I didn't want to kill you..."]

tkchk = [
        if (= $connected 1) [ // Only apologize to real people :p
            if (! (strcmp (at $conline 0) " 3you")) [] [ // Workaround for stupid people who use "you" in their nicks
            if (strstr $conline "you fragged teammate ") [sleep 1000 [say (concatword % $srymsg);voicecom sorry]; conline [ ]] []
            if (strstr $conline "you gibbed teammate ") [sleep 1000 [say (concatword % $srymsg);voicecom sorry]; conline [ ]] []
            if (strstr $conline "you splattered teammate ") [sleep 1000 [say (concatword % $srymsg);voicecom sorry]; conline [ ]] []
            if (strstr $conline "you slashed teammate ") [sleep 1000 [say (concatword % $srymsg);voicecom sorry]; conline [ ]] []
            if (strstr $conline "you headshot teammate ") [sleep 1000 [say (concatword % $srymsg);voicecom sorry]; conline [ ]] []
        ]
        sleep 1 [tkchk]
    ][]]

newmenu "sorrymsg"
    menuitemtextinput "Auto-sorry upon TK msg: " "result $srymsg" "srymsg = $arg1"

alias si [
                 if (= (currole) 0) [
                    claimadmin
                    sleep 150 [vote 1]
                                    sleep 1500 [setadmin 0]
                    ][
                    sleep 150 [vote 1]
                                    sleep 1500 [setadmin 0]
                    ]
           ]
    alias no [
                 if (= (currole) 0) [
                    claimadmin
                    sleep 150 [vote 2]
                                    sleep 1500 [setadmin 0]
                    ][
                    sleep 150 [vote 2]
                                    sleep 1500 [setadmin 0]
                    ]
           ]

and maybe this:
if (! (checkalias mapstartalways)) [ mapstartalways = "" ]
if (! (strstr $mapstartalways [ fog 1024 ])) [ add2alias mapstartalways [ fog 1024 ] ]
Will any of these do weird things, like add to my saved.cfg and make it a wall of text? Will any of these cause end of round win32?
Thanks given by:
i have win 7 on my laptop and ive never had that problem

same with vista on my desktop
Thanks given by:
I managed to solve the problem, this way:

-Format my machine :-(
-Change the nVidia driver
-Move the RAM DIMM in socket 1 to socket 2, and the RAM DIMM in socket 2 to socket 1.

Single player > Team deathmatch (Any mode) > Players (Any number) > Map (ac_rattrap) > SUCCESS

Sh*t... I forgot to make backups of some files, well whatever, at least I can play now...
Thanks given by:
Ok, this is what you have to do, i found out there is a bunch of gema files that have gotten corrupted somehow, im running xp, go to your start icon, click on that, search each file that is coming up on your Win32 fatal error message, find it and delete it, i just deleted all my gema files, i dont do gemas to much, and that should work, it just worked for me. Remember to delete them out of your recycle bin also.
Thanks given by: