Unhit rate measurement server
That is very interesting. I tested it myself, and I kept getting 10% of dropped shots with AR and SMG with my normal fps around 150-230. I changed my maxfps to 125 and I got not one single dropped shot, good to know.
Thanks given by:
Ye people say you should have maxfps 120
Thanks given by:
35%-ish with AR&smg on 80-200 fluttering fps
over 40% when i maxed fps on 60-65-and 70
^the latter even started dropping shots with the carbine/sniper&shotty up to 25-30%
maxfps 75 gave me 0% for each gun through most of the game.
then when everyone left i shot around at walls with each weapon, around 2 dropped shots out 200-ish...1.1% <3

but maxfps 75 makes the game all slow and durr for me. D:

Also, can you throw a server on SVN so some can test if it's really fixed?
roflcopter tested and thought it was fixed, but not sure if he tried the low fps people getting superdrops, ETC
Thanks given by:
I played every gun alone, so just percents of dropped shots.
fps constantly over 300, ping 230-250

Pistol 0/100: 0%
Carbine 1/100: 1%
Sniper 2/100: 2%
Shotgun 2/100: 2%
Akimbo 16/152: 10,5%
Assault Rifle 63/500: 12,6%
Submachine Gun 71/500: 14,2%
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 12, 09:33PM)Nightmare Wrote: 35%-ish with AR&smg on 80-200 fluttering fps
over 40% when i maxed fps on 60-65-and 70
^the latter even started dropping shots with the carbine/sniper&shotty up to 25-30%
maxfps 75 gave me 0% for each gun through most of the game.
then when everyone left i shot around at walls with each weapon, around 2 dropped shots out 200-ish...1.1% <3

but maxfps 75 makes the game all slow and durr for me. D:

That behavior is very common, but with a varying magic number. My pet theory is that this is related to your refresh rate, but I don't know enough to be sure.

(27 Jan 12, 09:33PM)Nightmare Wrote: Also, can you throw a server on SVN so some can test if it's really fixed?

* MasterKaen shoegazes
Yeah, I've been meaning to. I've also been meaning to publish the source but I'd have to dig through my git repo and de-noobify my code before it is meets the scrutiny of a human eye. So these two things will probably happen at the same time.
EDIT: I'm clueless.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 12, 04:00AM)MasterKaen Wrote: As an aside, when I looked at the SVN code I saw nothing that would indicate this bug to be fixed, but I also didn't look very thoroughly.`
maybe this?
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2413.html
Thanks given by:
EDIT: Wrong as usual.
Thanks given by:
You're looking in the wrong place. As we told you, you were fixing the symptoms, not the cause of the bug, while at the same time opening up a nice entry point for cheaters.
The dropped shots are fixed, we're just not sure ATM if other bugs have occurred because of the fix.
Thanks given by:
No one told me anything ._.
But I guess that saves me some work.
Thanks given by:
Actually meant to write "as we told you guys". Not really accurate, of course - such "important" posts usually get buried below flames or spam. Anyway, now you know it ;)
Thanks given by:
The actual bug is client-side. The fix just removes the sever-side check that would notice the client-side bug and then deny the bullet because of it.
Thanks given by:
I am curious about the nature of this bug. As in, what was the problem?
Thanks given by:
so my AC is messed up not me??
** Charly invests in RAID**
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 12, 11:39PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I am curious about the nature of this bug. As in, what was the problem?

FPS-independent shooting, afaik. The implementation bunched all the event times together, instead of maintaining correct intervals.
Thanks given by: