Polybius Arcade
This is one of the creepiest things I have ever come across as a gamer.

Apparently, in 1981, mysterious arcade games called "Polybius" appeared in arcades in the Portland, OR area. These games were said to be highly addictive, and caused horrifying side effects in the people who played them. Effects included seizures, vertigo, night terrors, amnesia, insanity, inability to feel sadness, and suicide. These effects were supposedly caused by subliminal messages in the game. The game was supposedly created by a guy named Ed Rotberg from a German company who's name translates to "Loss of Senses". No records of either the person or company have ever been found. One arcade owner claimed to see men wearing black clothing taking archived records from the machines, but not bothering with the money. Then, after a few months, the machines were suppose to have vanished just as mysteriously as they appeared. No trace of any of these machines has ever been found. The only piece of evidence that they existed is a single grainy black-and-white photograph of a Polybius arcade cabinet.

See this site for more:

http://www.freewebs.com/polybiustheory/
Thanks given by:
(08 Jan 12, 01:56PM)Shorty Wrote: This is one of the creepiest things I have ever come across as a gamer.

CREEEPYYYY!
Thanks given by:
relevant
Thanks given by:
I remember stumbling upon this awhile ago.
Very strange, with a number of conspiracy theories around it.

/popfiction apearance...
Thanks given by:
Hm..that's creepy, indeed.

A case for the team of "Galileo Mystery"
(A totally cheap and stupid german TV-Series....... But it's my favourite show ever though xD)
Thanks given by:
Creepy...
* Andrez wonders if it's real
Thanks given by:
When I saw this, I was wondering what this had to with flames.

If you get this reference, 100 internets to you!
Thanks given by:
i was playing Polybius some years ago, fucking difficult. no side effects apart my scary music tastes.

edit: a friend gave it to me, it was probably an imitation, since im reading it seems to dont exist
Thanks given by:
Wasn't there an old Disney movie based on this premise?
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 12, 10:36PM)V-Man Wrote: Wasn't there an old Disney movie based on this premise?

If you don't know the name, it mustn't have left a really good Legacy.
Thanks given by:
Ah, thinking it was Disney is what threw me off.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/plotsummary
Thanks given by:
Wait, it wasn't a Tron reference?
Thanks given by:
Haha, I knew yours was, but this one was at the back of my brain and I just couldn't remember it until I asked my dad.
It always rawks to have a movie expert in your family.
Thanks given by:
I use to play this game but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jan 12, 04:22AM)V-Man Wrote: Ah, thinking it was Disney is what threw me off.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/plotsummary

Nice catch V-mang!
I remember this movie too, was some how popular back in the day in Brazil on "Sessão da Tarde" (kids movies that played daily at 14:00 or so) along with "Stand by Me", "Gonnies" , "License to Drive" and likes. Good times...
Thanks given by:
I'll now get all those symptoms from reading this creepy shit D:
Thanks given by:
This case reminds me of a viral video called Grifter. It's really rare, you have look really deep from the web to find it. I have seen pictures of it from a blog and decided that I don't want to search it or watch it.
Thanks given by:
Caught on CCTV!

[Image: image3ct.png]
Thanks given by:
Pweaks that video is so odd
Thanks given by:
And Cleaner does it again! Nice model.
Thanks given by:
there is a fake video about this game in youtube... they say they found it...
Thanks given by: