INSTALLATION PROBLEM!
HI all.... i'm italian and i don't speak english very good.
I downloaded AC from the official download link correctly, when i try to run the installation it says: NSIS error, try /NCRC in command line (not raccomanded). i went in the command line and writed on assaultcube installation the command /NCRC, it runs correctly. Begin the installation it stops to the file waterpipe02.ogg and i get an error message: ERROR DECOMPRESSING DATA, CORRUPT INSTALLER?. I i am running it on windows xp service pack 1........
Please help me i would play this game!! :(
HERE A SCREEN OF THE ERROR:
[Image: 2qxygdk.jpg]
Thanks given by:
try to re-download AC: http://sourceforge.net/projects/actionga...e/download
maybe the your download is not complete.
Thanks given by:
This could be a virus problem also try to scan for any virus infection then again download.
Thanks given by:
i redownloaded it but it gives the same error......
there are no virus in my computer i did the scan...
i suspect that is windows sp1 too old, because i formatted windows yesterday and with service pack 2 don't give errors...
but i can't install service pack 2 now beacause it says: Dramaged file, and i downloaded it 5 times.... :(
Thanks given by:
Just read this it might help you solve your problem

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Why_do_I_get_NSIS_Error
Thanks given by:
mmm thanks... i try do download it on another computer....
Thanks given by:
domin4tor3, if you are having problems installing XP service pack 2, then it seems likely that there is something else wrong with your computer.
Thanks given by:
right..... but i would install AC!
I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!
I Downloaded it from another computer and than with a pen drive i installed it on my pc correctly!
Thanks to all!
Thanks given by:
Hm ... what you might be experiencing is that the first download got corrupted, and subsequent downloads loaded from the cache rather than a fresh transfer.
Thanks given by:
or it was always the same mirror-server.
This is exactly the reason why I put in the MD5/SHA1 checksums for the downloads - so you can verify download integrety yourself.
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 09:02PM)flowtron Wrote: or it was always the same mirror-server.
This is exactly the reason why I put in the MD5/SHA1 checksums for the downloads - so you can verify download integrety yourself.

Yea, maybe you could elaborate on the latter part for newbies..
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 09:30PM)Drakas Wrote:
(06 Aug 10, 09:02PM)flowtron Wrote: or it was always the same mirror-server.

Yea, maybe you could elaborate on the latter part for newbies..

Come on, everybody knows how to get the md5 sum of a binary file and to compare it to... Wait.
To check :

So try this : http://www.mstsoftware.com/Files/mstMD520e.exe
Install it
run it
Drag and drop the assault cube installer you into it
compare the md5 sum you get to this :
Windows: (.exe)
MD5 : 4211e0296e2e8645915dcecb40c7fbd6
SHA1: 9da1db424da61eb5f63910d37f6fb0f8a8142170

Mac OSX: (.dmg)
MD5 : f23d4d58bd3619eff3ceab6a90dde6e5
SHA1: 01d400a89ad4ffe4207afbb100e30ecf47c24049

Linux: (.tar.bz2)
MD5 : a2b0114b56079ff3a1bdb200744200ff
SHA1: cb014c9beae64ea2526586438753284dc5ff629c
Thanks given by:
Drakas: I posted a D/L-link for Windows (*nix has the command pre-installed or at least pre-packaged and easily installed via a repository) and also a link to the wikipedia page .. I see no sense in making the post even longer - it'd stop most from even trying to read it all and even so a couple of people missed the info about the menu_settings.cfg including an extra space that makes the crosshair-menu fail - there's a D/L-link for a fixed version there since 15 minutes after the release!
Thanks given by:
yeah cause we can't read 100% of forum posts, and it's more true when we are so excited to download the new version
Thanks given by: