/vsync 0 (or -1) in default settings?
All recent computers have problems with it, when the vertical sync is on, there is a latence between the control and the screen and it's not playable at all.

It's like the "smouth mouse" effect added on the 1.1.0.2. and removed on the 1.1.0.4 (i'm sure i had bugs cause of it cause i couldn't put the value to 0...).

I'm sure that a lot of new players have problems with it.
Thanks given by:
I dont have a problem with it, and never really heard about the problem.

Why not just give a warning when they select it in their settings?
Thanks given by:
That's because vsync is usually implemented with only two buffers instead of three, causing delay. Triple buffering gets the best of both worlds but not all drivers support it. If it's not available to you, I recommend no vertical sync.

On Windows selecting the option in game or setting /vsync 0 will be enough with most drivers.

On Linux /vsync 0 should also work with many drivers. If it doesn't try adding the line:
export vblank_mode=0
in assaultcube.sh just after the first block of comments (comments are lines starting with #).

There are lots of tweaks to decrease input lag such as increasing mouse polling rates if your mouse supports it. Worth looking into if you play competitively.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 12, 02:29AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I dont have a problem with it, and never really heard about the problem.

Why not just give a warning when they select it in their settings?

Input delay is a problem that always is present with vsync.
Thanks given by:
I have this problem with my new computer.
I have this problem with my sister's new computer.
I have this problem with my new father's computer.
Also Brett have.
We all have a different computer. :p

Yes, i play in "/vsync 0" ofc.
Thanks given by:
Huh. I haven't heard about that until now. Have not experienced it on any of my new computers. Probably the difference is in the video cards, as Roflcopter pointed out; some cards support triple buffering and some don't, making vsync an individual choice rather than a universal issue.
Thanks given by: