Bot jump hax?
Ok so I laughed my ass off so hard when I saw this live. A little background info: I was recording myself doing a zombie bot match with my script just to keep up with AC a tad and caught this. The video is recorded in HD and looks smexy on my computer, buuuuut I didn't want to render and upload something that was 20gb in size so now it looks like crap but you still see whats going on.

v1.1.0.4 bots don't throw nades. This was a BTDM on ac_shutup and as I was coming out, I saw him fly across the map. Even if a nade had hit him, he would have about 1hp left. It took me what 2 bullets to kill him afterwards with an AR. Discuss...

If the video is too unclear, I can upload the HD version of my recording.

Thanks given by:
Lmao. He's doing it right!
Hmm a bug? or... idk
Thanks given by:
Looks like a simple edge-jump, not too far-fetched. In fact, the bots do an edge-jump at every possible opportunity.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 01:09AM)V-Man Wrote: Looks like a simple edge-jump, not too far-fetched. In fact, the bots do an edge-jump at every possible opportunity.

Even I cannot edge jump that far for the life of a squirrel. Can you?
Thanks given by:
{CoE}MuadDibKA called a vote:
Load map pauls_gema in mode BCTF
-----
1 yes vs. 0 no
vote PASSED

See bot finish last jump... O.o

Pauls_gema
If any of you finish this gema, and post demo, I give you 5 dollars. I swear.

Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 01:48AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: {CoE}MuadDibKA called a vote:
-----
1 yes vs. 0 no
vote PASSED

Pauls_gema
IMPOSSIBLE GEMA

Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 01:48AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: If any of you finish this gema, and post demo, I give you 5 dollars. I swear.
If you give me 5 dollars, i will waste some minuts to actually play gema, play that map and try to finish it.

Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 01:14AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Even I cannot edge jump that far for the life of a squirrel. Can you?

Probably, but I think you're thinking that bot is farther away than he really is. It looked to me at first like he was clear across the map, but he appears to have rifle-sprinted out of the little pit by the ladder, edge-jumping on the way out. Or perhaps you should get his IP and blacklist him.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 02:05AM)Link Wrote:
(01 Jan 12, 01:48AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: {CoE}MuadDibKA called a vote:
-----
1 yes vs. 0 no
vote PASSED

Pauls_gema
IMPOSSIBLE GEMA

Nah, just difficult, XD. Me myself haven´t finished it, dont think I can. But I know one tough mothertrucker who has finished it. Hes not getting the 5 dollars, though.

(01 Jan 12, 02:39AM)macm Wrote:
(01 Jan 12, 01:48AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: If any of you finish this gema, and post demo, I give you 5 dollars. I swear.
If you give me 5 dollars, i will waste some minutes to actually play gema, play that map and try to finish it.

I stick with my first offer, but YOU will get 10 dollars if you complete it without help.
Thanks given by:
Edit mode hax. Post a blacklist report on the bot. :P
Thanks given by:
The bot appears to jump from corner to corner in one go.
It looks like he starts near the health pack:
[Image: 20120101_091255_ac_douze_TDM.jpg]
and flies across the "arena" area without touching the ground, before hitting the wall and landing at the opposite corner, here:
[Image: 20120101_091301_ac_douze_TDM-1.jpg]
Even if the bot started on the ledge above the health pack, there is no way he could get across the map like that. I am not a master rifle-jumper, but I couldn't get more than halfway across that distance, and I don't think any sort of edge-jumping could double my distance.

Also, the bot appears to be facing forward, so I don't think he was even rifle jumping.
EDIT: actually, the bot isn't in sight the whole time so it's possible he did touch the ground and covered this distance in two jumps. It really doesn't look like that in the video, but it's hard to tell without going frame-by-frame and I cbf to go to that kind of trouble at 4:30 in the morning.
Thanks given by:
well as far as i saw you're nade flew into to pit where armor/hp and flying helmet is and the bot flew to the wal above that pit so i guess your nade didn't touch him. but he did get killed with 2 shots so it might be possible that he was pushed-in-flight by another nade which we cannot see on the clip?
Thanks given by:
Is it not possible your teammate shot him in the back with AR while he jumped.
Only thing i can think of that would move a bot that quickly.
Thanks given by:
It's a Brazilian bot.
Thanks given by:
That bot was lagging!
Thanks given by:
Some bot ate chili and....
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 06:31PM).ExodusS* Wrote: It's a Brazilian bot.

oh gawd, this^.
Thanks given by:
As far as I can tell, the bot was never hit by a nade and there is a slight chance that he could have felt a little damage from the one that went into the pit, but it popped once the bot hit the ground. It's understandable that the bot could have been shot at before he big jump, but considering he was facing forward, they can't throw nades and they can't use the AR, I call hax. It seems clear to me that the bot made it across without ever hitting the ground from how hard he hits the wall.
Thanks given by:
It was certainly [prrt]brainfart having fun. :D
Thanks given by:
Hancock bot. 'Nuff said.
Thanks given by:
I've noticed that bots can jump higher than players... Not visibly but regarding collision and way-points.

You can make a map where to get up a ledge you need to shoot as you can't even make it with a crouch jump, but if you get a bot there with special way-point placing, the bot will jump around against the wall a few times and the game will register him as at the way-point on top the wall/ledge.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 12, 09:55PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I've noticed that bots can jump higher than players...

Again, it's edge-jumping. :P
Bots are far better at it than most players.
Thanks given by:
Um, what? I'm talking about jumping straight up a wall. From flat ground.

B
[]
[]
[]A
[][][][]

The bot jumps straight from A to B without crouching, etc when the player has to shoot to get up there.

Unless edge jumping is not what I think it is and doesn't involve a ledge :/
Thanks given by:
Edge jumping involves the edge of a raised cube or cubes, but does not result in landing on that ledge. A ledge jump is executed by strafe-running while jumping onto a slightly raised area, and immediately jumping again. This produces a slightly higher jump and propels the player forward a bit faster.
[]   B
[]
[]                 (jump twice while strafe-running)
[][][][][][][][]  A
[][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 12, 08:06PM)V-Man Wrote: This produces a slightly higher jump and propels the player forward a bit faster.

This is such an understatement here xD
Thanks given by:
Well I didn't want to make it sound like uberhax. :-P

Though you have a good point, it shows that an edge-jump could explain the odd bot trajectory.
Thanks given by:
so the bot jumped more than twice as far as normal by using these "edge jump techniques"?
hmm, it's more credible than weather balloons I guess.
Thanks given by:
So edge jumping is kinda like Mario's double jump in Super Mario 64/Super Mario Galaxy? But you need to jump onto something higher than what you jumped from?

Either way, that's certainly not what the bot does in my situation as it's flat land -- it's just bot hax :P
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the situation you described is an uberhax. Where can download??
And the one where bots can go through plclips was just fixed...
Thanks given by:
It's been a while, I'll find that map (that I abandoned for a number of reasons) and figure out how to reproduce it (I think I've edited the waypoints since)

I think it has to do with bots "snapping" to a waypoint if it's close enough, even if it's not on the ground.
Thanks given by: