Server doesn't work? :c...
Well, i didn't know where to put this... ;c..
* http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/dafook.png/ *

It only lets me click on Troubleshoot my Network and Advanced settings..

I need to add a port to my firewall.

If any of you care; im trying to make an AssaultCube server, and i'm pretty sure the reason why i can't is either 1. Firewall is disabled.. or 2. I need to add the port.. <_<...

So how can i do that, when it doesn't let meh click anything?

I copied and pasted that from another forum, where i made the post on. c:

But, i need to enter the 28763 port on my firewall, and it doesnt let me click that stuff. Any help?

Sorry if i did this wrong <_<...

+ im getting that WARNING: master server registration failed: failed pinging server message when i run it. :c
Thanks given by:
Your Windows firewall is disabled cos you use Norton Firewall.
You should only use one software firewall so this is correct.

To add ports and to allow your AC server to connect you need to add the ports and server to Norton firewall and not Windows.

You also need to open the ports on your router.
Norton Help | Norton Support
Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com
Thanks given by:
lol, remove Norton you will see a masive improvement in your computers performance. You could try replacing it with free alternatives, try Microsoft security essentials and Windows defender, when used in conjuction with the existing Windows firewall it works pretty well and its free! just like AC...
Thanks given by:
yeah i agree with anderson, norton is a bunch of bloatware, use Avast! free
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, ill take your word for it ^-^

Uninstalling Norton, installing Avast! Free :P

I'll post and tell you guys if it worked once i do this. (:
Thanks given by:
Remember to turn your Windows firewall on if you arent gonna use a other free firewall (after removing Norton that is).
And if you are having problems removing Norton completely there is a removing tool, but the site is down for maintenance atm.
Norton Support

By the way, its like 10 years since Norton was a resource hog on computers.

"To conclude, Norton isn't the resource hog people say it is. At least in my system that is. Even when playing games, I could hardly notice it at all."
Norton IS 2011 Resource usage test
This guy says it pretty good.

Personally i used NIS (Norton Internet Security) when i used Windows and didnt have any problems running it even with my shitty computer.
NIS needs to be configured correctly and this can be hard form ppl that just want stuff to work out of the box.
Thanks given by:
Sooo, i uninstalled it successfully, added the ports and all, but its still not working >_<!...

When i clicked the server_wizard or whatever, it asked to enable firewall access or something, and i said yes. O_o.. but it still failed. :(..

Whats my problem? lol

Edit: pictures:3
1; http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/56447128.png/
2; http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/90267581.png/
Thanks given by:
Norton does about as good a job as Avast! does.
However, when you factor price into the equation, Avast! seems like the only plausible choice. ;-)
(31 Dec 11, 04:24AM)Decysp Wrote: it asked to enable firewall access or something, and i said yes. O_o.. but it still failed. :(..

The screenshots show success -- the firewall entries have been made. Perhaps something else is causing you to use the word "fail"...
Does Windows still ask you if you want to allow the server through the firewall?
Does the server say something about failing?
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 05:41AM)V-Man Wrote: Norton does about as good a job as Avast! does.
However, when you factor price into the equation, Avast! seems like the only plausible choice. ;-)
(31 Dec 11, 04:24AM)Decysp Wrote: it asked to enable firewall access or something, and i said yes. O_o.. but it still failed. :(..

The screenshots show success -- the firewall entries have been made. Perhaps something else is causing you to use the word "fail"...
Does Windows still ask you if you want to allow the server through the firewall?
Does the server say something about failing?
Does Windows still ask me? Nopers
Does the server say something about failing? Yeah, it says that WARNING: master server registration failed: failed pinging server

Thanks given by:
Can you post the contents of your server.bat file here?
Thanks given by:
Erm... if you are behind a router or similar device, did you forward the ports yet?
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 06:24AM)V-Man Wrote: Can you post the contents of your server.bat file here?
bin_win32\ac_server.exe -Cconfig/servercmdline.txt %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
pause

(31 Dec 11, 12:07PM)tempest Wrote: Erm... if you are behind a router or similar device, did you forward the ports yet?

Yes. ill take a picture. :D http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80/213123l.png/[/align]

+, for where my 6 is on athe 192.168.2.6, i get that from Start > Cmd > ipconfig > Ipv4 (windows 7), right?
Thanks given by:
You need to forward the serverinfo port (port+1, so 28764 for you) as well.
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 05:06PM)tempest Wrote: You need to forward the serverinfo port (port+1, so 28764 for you) as well.

What do you mean? As you can see, i was confused, so i put them both there. but i think i have a clue, lemme try and see if it works. :3

+ Its UDP, correcto?

Edit: I changed a row to 28764, and it still doesn't work.

So, i have 2 rows, 1 for 28763, and one for 28764, and both are UDP... still not working >_<
Thanks given by:
28764 needs to be TCP (and also add it to UDP, just for good measure), 28763 is UDP only afaik. If that still doesn't work, show me another screenshot.

Edit: I'm a dumbass, sorry :P
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 06:27PM)tempest Wrote: 28764 needs to be TCP (and also add it to UDP, just for good measure), 28763 is UDP only afaik. If that still doesn't work, show me another screenshot.

>:| still nope.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/asdfxsnv.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/asdadasm.png/

See any flaws? :c
Thanks given by:
In Windows firewall you have ac_server.exe both as blocked and allowed.
Maybe try to remove block. Not that i know if that helps, but it cant hurt.

I have just UDP forward for my server, port 28763 and 28764.
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 06:42PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: In Windows firewall you have ac_server.exe both as blocked and allowed.
Maybe try to remove block. Not that i know if that helps, but it cant hurt.

I have just UDP forward for my server, port 28763 and 28764.

OMGOMGOMGMOGM IT WORED!!! I had to delete the ac_server.exe that was blocked awmg thank you so much :[)!@!@!!@!@
Thanks given by:
How odd, I didn't think you could block and allow something at the same time.
Valuable lesson there.
Thanks given by:
Thats Windows, you know.

[Image: 212951d1307836065-the-official-2011-nba-...mbs_up.gif]
Thanks given by: