How to Use Scripts?
hello to anyone i need some help with installing scripts iun AC and making them work, can anyone post an instruction giued with screenshots please
Thanks given by:
I cant much about this, but maybe you should tell us what you want to do?

Anyway, i have a lot of scripts in my autoexec.cfg file.
So maybe you can just add them there.

[cubescript]
// Save a good game screenshot to /screenshot/goodgame/

alias goodgamescreenshot [
if ($screenshottype) [ ss_extension = ".jpg" ] [ ss_extension = ".bmp" ]
goodgamessfilename = (concatword (at (timestamp) 0) . (at (timestamp) 1) . (at (timestamp) 2) - (at (timestamp) 3) . (at (timestamp) 4) . (at (timestamp) 5) - (curmap 1) )
screenshot ( concatword screenshots/goodgame/ ($goodgamessfilename) $ss_extension )
]
[/cubescript]
Add to autoexec.cfg the key you wanna bind to it.

[cubescript]bind "KEY" [goodgamescreenshot][/cubescript]
(Replace KEY with the key you wanna bind)
Thanks given by:
i want the Never take mea alive screipt one, the one that suicides u and i want the one that has like 15 diffrent tnames when u press j
Thanks given by:
Name changing script can get you banned. (I know i will ban you)
"Never take me alive"??? WTF, you ask how to cheat getting killed?
Suicide?
Just bind a key for it.

But keep suicideing so ppl cant kill you and im pretty sure you get banned.

Just a warning, if i see this on server where i have admin and i will ban.
Thanks given by:
ohh idk taht okay can u tell me the script bindingds for suicide

Hey DES|OpenSOurce do u have a script that u woulkd recommend for me , any cool one u have?
Thanks given by:
Did he really just ask for that ^^
Thanks given by:
lol, i did tell him to bind it.
Thats all im gonna say.

A quick suicide at the right moment will give a unfair advantage in a flag mode game like CTF.

Personally i hope DEVs remove this option in-game.

Oh, try to read doc and find out how to, but dont say no one warned you about trying to get a unfair advantage.
Thanks given by:
Unfair advantage? Remove suicide?
how unfair? anyone can suicide to help their team, it's a good strategy, or just run around the map with 4hp...
changing names is fine, as long as you don't spam.
you can make a script to chose a random name from a list.
Thanks given by:
something is only unfair if it's unavailable to the other team.
Thanks given by:
unfair? cheating? God, what will they think of next?
....being better or smarter then someone will be unfair also? :D
Thanks given by:
LOL, remove suicide? OS, it can ALSO give you an advantage in a game esp. clan matches you know?
Thanks given by:
Suicide = 5 sec wait time, Easy take flag.
Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 11, 01:34AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: A quick suicide at the right moment will give a unfair advantage in a flag mode game like CTF.

Personally i hope DEVs remove this option in-game.

But not having suicide is ridiculous because it leads to situations where it's better to be killed and even situations where you're low on health and the enemy purposefully won't kill you (perhaps you're out of ammo too) immediately. Also don't forget glitches where people become stuck.

I bind suicide to backspace but you can bind it to other keys as you like:
[cubescript]/bind backspace suicide[/cubescript]
or
[cubescript]/bind k suicide[/cubescript]
etc...
Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 11, 11:30PM)MR.SAXOBEAT Wrote: hello to anyone i need some help with installing scripts iun AC and making them work, can anyone post an instruction giued with screenshots please

Depends on exactly what your script is supposed to do, and when.
If you want your script to be run right away when you start up the game, Cleaner's advice about putting it in your autoexec.cfg file is right on.
If you want it to run when you press a button, then you should bind it in your autoexec file:
bind J [examplescript]

A script that makes you suicide all the time will really annoy your teammates as well as the other team, so if you use one, be prepared to be banned from several servers.
In the SVN, it would work like this:
[cubescript]
alias TakeMeDead [
if (<= (player1 health) 10) [suicide] []
sleep 50 [TakeMeDead]]
alias mapstartalways [TakeMeDead]
[/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
bind BACKSLASH [say "You'll never take me alive!"; onrelease [suicide] ]
Add that to your autoexec.cfg and once you're playing press the \ button.
EDIT: I think this script is what your looking for...idk
Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 11, 07:52PM)Sarin Wrote: unfair? cheating? God, what will they think of next?
....being better or smarter then someone will be unfair also? :D

You are quite safe ;)
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 11, 04:05PM)Roflcopter Wrote: But not having suicide is ridiculous because it leads to situations where it's better to be killed and even situations where you're low on health and the enemy purposefully won't kill you (perhaps you're out of ammo too)....
Suiciding to avoid being killed?
Suicide cos enemy want kill you?

WTF are you talking about?

First: Thats chickenshit and thats just why i want devs to remove a key-bind for suicide.
That and where ppl suicide to get to base so they can fight enemy about to get flag.

Second: Thats up to you and the enemy.
If they cant hit you or just dont wanna fire to get attention to them self thats there ATM strategy.
Dont think it has something to do with you being low on health...

(26 Dec 11, 04:05PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Also don't forget glitches where people become stuck.
Then its easy to type /suicide

Anyway, i want to see any script and key-binded way to suicide removed.
Cos this is being used to get a unfair advantage in-game.

And a 7-8 second spawn time when using the command «/suicide» (not when suiciding whit a nada).
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 11:23PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Anyway, i want to see any script and key-binded way to suicide removed.
Cos this is being used to get a unfair advantage in-game.

I wouldn't call it unfair. They lose a frag for their team and you simply don't get one. Even if it's just a DM, its no good for the person that suicides.

if (< $health 5) [ sleep 3000 [ suicide ] ] [ ]

*gets flag and takes on bullets, turns corner and team rushes enemy base*
Z0o0pernoob: Ha U N00bs I got teh flag and 4 hp left!!1!1!!!
*Z0o0pernoob suicided*

Obviously won't work but you get the idea :)
Thanks given by:
Not good no, but is it better then loosing a flag? Yes...

So remove keybind/script for suicide as its used to get an advantage in flag games.
Thanks given by:
Technically it's all fair. You have every right to /bind q suicide and unfair in this game comes as someone having an advantage not available to other users under normal conditions.
Thanks given by:
AFAIK, if it is available to everyone, it is fair, and you have nothing to worry about, That includes cubescript. (for the most part)
Thanks given by:
calm down yall.
Thanks given by: