High ping - how to lower it?
Hello everyone,

I've got some problem with the high ping. I'm not rich so I had to take the slowest Internet that is possible. The modem is my cell phone(mobile phone, you know, Nokia :) ). On computer it tells me the speed is 115kB/s. Yes that's slow but for AC is enough. When I tried to play with someone in multiplayer, everyone are kicking me because of ping above 1k(on one server I played for longer because players told "one-second-delay frag" is funny). I tried to optimize it, without results, maybe it cut-off to 500ms but with every second it increase sometimes up to 25sec when spectate(OMFG!)
Is it possible to lower that enormous ping to "playable limit"?
Thanks for any help.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm from Poland.
Thanks given by:
You might want to try and get a wired connection. It's not the bandwidth (what you refer to as speed), it's the response time that matters in on-line games. Even dial-up should be much better than the mobile network.
Thanks given by:
A wired connection? What does it mean?
Thanks given by:
A wired connection is where there is a wire connecting your computer to your isp, ie. a modem connected to a telephone landline or a broadband connection. A cell phone is a wireless connection.
Thanks given by:
[Image: mousevsmouse1.jpg]
Wireless - - - Wired

Phone = Wireless
Wireless = Bad
Thanks given by:
I don't think using your phone for internet access is ever a good idea -_-
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22262994/
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 10, 11:12AM)Drakas Wrote: You might want to try and get a wired connection. It's not the bandwidth (what you refer to as speed), it's the response time that matters in on-line games. Even dial-up should be much better than the mobile network.
I think it is the upload speed pinging my internet, when tested it it shown 60kbps download but just 1-5 kbps upload.
(04 Aug 10, 07:29PM)U|Zarj Wrote: I don't think using your phone for internet access is ever a good idea -_-
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22262994/
Heh, I don't think I will ever get that bill, my phone have a pre-paid card with a limit 25 zlotys on it (1zloty is about 33 cents) plus I get 1 Gb for internet per month, but thanks for warning :)

So I have to start loving the bots :( Thanks for your replies.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 10, 11:54AM)R4zor Wrote: [Image: mousevsmouse1.jpg]
Wireless - - - Wired

Phone = Wireless
Wireless = Bad

That's a good illustration for all the non-computer literate gamers out there. Nice job! LOL.....................?.......................!!
Thanks given by: