FPS problem
My cousin is running Windows XP Professional SP3, with 702mb of RAM, a AMD Anthalon XP3200+ processor, and has a Nvidia GeForce FX5500 graphics card. He downloaded AssaultCube, and he starts it up, and the first few seconds that it is running, it is at 50+ fps, but after a few seconds, it drops down to 2 fps. His drivers for his graphics card is up-to-update, and there isn't any problem with any other games that he plays. He has turned the graphics settings in AC all the way down, and it still does the same thing, what could the problem be?

Thanks in advance for reading and replying
~Will
Thanks given by:
sounds like u need a new computer mate. i had the same problem with a Dell laptop that ran on 890mb of RAM. then i got a mac. theres really no major thing you can do to improve your fps. i wudnt waste money on a new graphics card. its too much of a hassle. in the meanwhile, set all video settings in game to the lowest possible and disable gib graphics.
Thanks given by:
NVidia /facepalm
Thanks given by:
Same stuff but 756MB RAM Nvidia GeForce MX 420 Intel Pentium 4. I get like 60+ fps. :D

EDIT: it was ping b4 fps ... mother of all fails. I quote X-Ray_Dog, "Exia: ufail.
Thanks given by:
I currently run AC on Windows SP3, With 512mb RAM and a 1.2Ghz Processor WITH a Nvidia GeForce FX5500. On most maps I get 60-100 FPS with graphics set to medium, The only time I've had this problem is when I had a virus/Mal-ware or anything hogging the CPU. Check your processes for anything that looks suspicious (Anything using a massive amount of ram, or hogging the CPU). The only other thing I can think of is checking your drivers to make sure you have the correct ones installed, and I know for the video card I have on their site there was an option to download a "suite" which you can launch via your control panel and tweak the video card settings around a bit. Hope you fix your problem.
Thanks given by:
My friend had a similar problem.
He would start up AC, get decent rate for about a second and then drop to 2-3 FPS.
It turned out that Windows Update had installed the (essentially useless) generic Windows driver over the proper ATI driver.
The driver was up-to-date but it was the wrong one. You should be able to check this in the device manager or something (I'm not exactly sure; it's been a while since I used XP).
To fix, just update your driver software (IIRC, Nvidia provide a fairly easy-to-use installer for their drivers).
Thanks given by:
What you can also try is see if your computers CPU is being bombarded with other programs. The less programs you have running, the better it should preform. Also, if your hard drive is smaller than 80Gigs or is more than 90% full, that could explain it too. When your computer is low on RAM, it will distribute extra processes to your hard drive. So, if your hard drive is small or full, that can decrease performance dramatically.

Adding more RAM would not hurt, either. (I have 2 Gig RAM 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor)
Try and clean your hard drive up as best as you can. Also try and clear all other programs and software and then try running it as the ONLY program running on your computer (so no other tabs in the menu bar by the start button)
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 11, 03:11AM)JoetheN00Bfrager Wrote: Also, if your hard drive is smaller than 80Gigs

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Otherwise pretty good advice.
Thanks given by:
On this setup I have a 20gig hard-drive, and again, I run AC just fine. :P
Thanks given by: