Gah! Banned from IRC again! x-P
I got banned from the IRC again (this time by jamz) for "CHEAT!!!". I thought I was unbanned already because I had stopped cheating (I was talking to Brahma on the IRC the previous day, and he was the one that banned me the first time.) I'm just wondering if this was a misunderstanding, or if I had pushed my luck somehow. No harsh feelings to anyone, just wondering what happened.
Thanks given by:
It used to be common policy to ban cheaters (previous or not). Whether it still is would be another matter beyond my discussion \:D
But if you look at the nick list...
Also realize that jamz works hard to rid AC of cheaters, and he's contributed signifcantly financially. So much and so hard in fact that he's in the credits for it (1.1). Half the posts in the old blacklist thread were his. So you can understand his frustration, communicated by what he said just before he KB'ed you.
Thanks given by:
Communication = "CHEAT!!!"
lol, works for me xD
Thanks given by:
You miserable little worm. My communication was a link to your pathetic, ego-stuffing, bile-inducing attempt at redress for your idiocy. You happily plied your way in this game using cheats as you saw fit until you got caught , blacklisted on a few servers, and had your own server removed from the MS. You even had the indecency to deny that you cheated, in the face of, frankly, quite obvious, evidence.
Only when you realised you'd been revealed for the insect that you are, and that everyone who pays attention here knows all the facts, do you slime your way into the bleeding hearts of the softer, more forgiving characters here, with a grovelling, snivelling excuse for an apology. An apology which probably took a couple of minutes to cobble together, as you laughed your way through it.
You have treated the players in AssaultCube and the members of this community with disdain and operated in the belief that you are the most important factor in this. Even now you're seeking to draw attention to yourself, oblivious to the low regard in which even (ha!) repentant cheats are held by some. You can attempt to hide behind the facade of contrition and innocence all you like, but if you think mere words will make up for your prolonged contempt and misplaced arrogance, you are mistaken.
There is another person in AC - DrauL - who has a similar persona to yours, at a similar age. Arrogant, self-important, attention-seeking, makes my skin crawl; and he knows how I feel about him. But he is ten-thousand times the person you present, as he has honesty and sincerity; two traits you lack.
The larger question here would seem to be, "When does a cheat* stop being a cheat?" To me, the answer is not, and never will be, "When he stops cheating and apologises". Others may disagree, but if you're going to try and crawl your way in here, you're just going to have to put up with me.

*cheat - n., one who cheats
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 10, 10:53AM)jamz Wrote: There is another person in AC - DrauL - who has a similar persona to yours, at a similar age. Arrogant, self-important, attention-seeking, makes my skin crawl; and he knows how I feel about him. But he is ten-thousand times the person you present, as he has honesty and sincerity; two traits you lack.
Thats probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me <3
Thanks given by:
What's draul done?
Thanks given by:
HAHA.
* DrauL is hysterical!
Thanks given by:
iSAW *sigh*
You asked for it, man.
You know, when you are an annoying 14 years old dude you need at least to understand this: the rest of the world is not!
Thanks given by:
I'm at a lost for words right now. I would ask what putting up with you would require, jamz, but that would probably make me look ignorant. If there is no way I can clear my reputation, please tell me so I can at least get out of your hair. At this moment, it's seeming more and more like my only option. Although if there really is an answer, when does a cheat stop being a cheat?
Thanks given by:
if you used a cheat. To me you are scum. I feel no mercy on your soul. You lack skill or you wanted to be a a nusence to a game. Yout took advantage of the system. All cheaters remind me of that flem you get in the back of your throught when you are dehydrated or have a lack of water. I dont know you because i make it a good point of my ac career to not communicate with cheaters like you. Treat all cheaters the same no matter who they are and what they did. A cheat is a cheat.

As for jamz... let me find my burn stamp. "ahhh, here it is !!! " Very well put educational and clean..
Thanks given by:
Quote:Although if there really is an answer, when does a cheat stop being a cheat?

"The larger question here would seem to be, 'When does a cheat* stop being a cheat?" To me, the answer is not, and never will be, 'When he stops cheating and apologizes'."

For some people a cheat never stops being one while the other people are more forgiving.
Thanks given by:
Sorry ISaw... but you need to accept your punishment.
Thanks given by: