AC ss folders
Is it possible to be able to have separate folders for SS, EX: clan match ss folder, pub folder, etc. And to have dif binds to each one.

EX: f12 ( default ) goes to pubs SS folder
[bind] goes to CM SS folder
[bind] goes to pub SS folder
etc etc.

Each bind would do its own SS capture and have that SS put in the selected folder from the bind picked.

Reason i ask is that it would be easier to go to separate folders of CM,PUB,and INTERS, instead of scrolling through one folder to look for the SS you want.

if not possible and if you understand what im trying to get at, could this be a good idea to add to AC?
Thanks given by:
Would be simple to add I think.
Thanks given by:
Ohyaaaahh RR xD
Thanks given by:
would just being able to change the naming scheme work? the filename could be prepended with PUB, CM, or w/e you need and you can sort the folder by name. I am not sure what is already available for specifying a naming scheme.
Thanks given by:
You could construct your own paths, e.g.
[cubescript]
/bind SOMEKEY [ screenshot (concatword "screenshots/cm/" (timestamp) "_" (getmap) "_" (getmode)) ]
[/cubescript]
No clue if that works as is, but you get the idea.
Thanks given by:
Nah! it's a very good idea but now i have 7523 screenshots to put in differents folders.
Thanks given by:
Could F12 bring up a menu with the different file names in it?

Ya' know.. F12 - where would you like this screenshot? CM? Pubs?
Thanks given by:
Im pretty sure someone can clean this up, a lot, but i just took something i had and modified it.

[cubescript]alias screencm [
if ($screenshottype) [ ss_extension = ".jpg" ] [ ss_extension = ".bmp" ]
cmssfilename = (concatword (at (timestamp) 0) . (at (timestamp) 1) . (at (timestamp) 2) - (at (timestamp) 3) . (at (timestamp) 4) . (at (timestamp) 5) - (curmap 1) )
screenshot ( concatword screenshots/cm/ ($cmssfilename) $ss_extension )
]

alias screenpub [
pubssfilename = (concatword (at (timestamp) 0) . (at (timestamp) 1) . (at (timestamp) 2) - (at (timestamp) 3) . (at (timestamp) 4) . (at (timestamp) 5) - (curmap 1) )
screenshot ( concatword screenshots/pub/ ($pubssfilename) $ss_extension )
]

alias screeninter [
interssfilename = (concatword (at (timestamp) 0) . (at (timestamp) 1) . (at (timestamp) 2) - (at (timestamp) 3) . (at (timestamp) 4) . (at (timestamp) 5) - (curmap 1) )
screenshot ( concatword screenshots/inter/ ($interssfilename) $ss_extension )
]
[/cubescript]
Typing /screenpub will add screenshot to /screenshots/pub/
Typing /screencm will add screenshot to /screenshots/cm/
Typing /screeninter will add screenshot to /screenshots/inter/

[Image: 1050232.jpeg]
[Image: 1050219.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
* SKB never saves screens, like a baws.
felt like telling you(sleep deprivation kicking in, yayyyy)
Thanks given by:
The script could be modified more again to make it save certain gamemodes to certain folders if cubescript is able to know the game mode :D
Cool script DES|Opensource
Thanks given by:
Yes, that would absolutely work; you will need to first make sure the folders exist, then the script can be directed to dump the screenshot in the designated folder as tempest and Cleaner demonstrated.
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 11, 06:56PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Im pretty sure someone can clean this up, a lot, but i just took something i had and modified it.

[cubescript]alias screencm [
cmssfilename = (concatword (at (timestamp) 0) . (at (timestamp) 1) . (at (timestamp) 2) - (at (timestamp) 3) . (at (timestamp) 4) . (at (timestamp) 5) - (curmap 1) )
screenshot ( concatword screenshots/cm/ ($cmssfilename) $ss_extension )
]

alias screenpub [
pubssfilename = (concatword (at (timestamp) 0) . (at (timestamp) 1) . (at (timestamp) 2) - (at (timestamp) 3) . (at (timestamp) 4) . (at (timestamp) 5) - (curmap 1) )
screenshot ( concatword screenshots/pub/ ($pubssfilename) $ss_extension )
]

alias screeninter [
interssfilename = (concatword (at (timestamp) 0) . (at (timestamp) 1) . (at (timestamp) 2) - (at (timestamp) 3) . (at (timestamp) 4) . (at (timestamp) 5) - (curmap 1) )
screenshot ( concatword screenshots/inter/ ($interssfilename) $ss_extension )
]
[/cubescript]
Typing /screenpub will add screenshot to /screenshots/pub/
Typing /screencm will add screenshot to /screenshots/cm/
Typing /screeninter will add screenshot to /screenshots/inter/

[Image: 1050232.jpeg]
[Image: 1050219.jpeg]

could this be made into binds instead of typing it out?

@ the rest thanks guys
Thanks given by:
[cubescript]
bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots\CM (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext))]

bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots\Pubs (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext))]

bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots\GEMA (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext))]
[/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
I forgot about the optional path after screenshot :>
Figured it out last night when looking at the source.
Thanks given by:
Haha, I thought I'd figured out an exploit when I threw in the folder-path as an argument. Then I realized it was given that ability on purpose. XD
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 11, 09:56PM)V-Man Wrote: [cubescript]
bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots\CM (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext)]

bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots\Pubs (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext)]

bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots\GEMA (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext)]
[/cubescript]

so adding those selected folders to the SS folder, or the docs/ac folder will work ?
Thanks given by:
SS folder. Note that that is windows only.
[cubescript]
bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots/CM (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext)]

bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots/Pubs (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext)]

bind KEY [screenshot (concatword screenshots/GEMA (at (timestamp) 0) (at (timestamp) 2) (at (timestamp) 1) (getscrext)]
[/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 11, 04:07AM)Joe Smith Wrote: so adding those selected folders to the SS folder, or the docs/ac folder will work ?
The one i posted you do not need to make the folders your self. The cm/pub/inter folders.
They will be made inside /screenshots/ when doing a /screenXXX

Have no idea if it will do the same in Windows.

Edit: Of course you need to have read/write permission to where the screens are stored.
/home/.assaultcube_v1.1/ in my case

Edit2: I guess the one i posted also can be made a bind of.
/bind KEY [screencm]
or in autoexec.cfg: bind "KEY" [screencm]
Thanks given by:
In Windows, you will need to create the folders manually, or AC will ignore the screenshot command, as it does not have its own folder-creation rights (at least, last time I tried to do that).
(14 Dec 11, 04:07AM)Joe Smith Wrote: so adding those selected folders to the SS folder, or the docs/ac folder will work ?

If you wanted to put them in a different folder, outside of the screenshots folder, just use the ".." designation:
screenshot [../docs/test.png]

Edit: I just realized the code for each keybind was missing a closing parenthesis, so I fixed it. D:
Thanks given by: