Mapping Help needed (Textures above tunnels)
How do i match Texture (A) with texture (B).

[Image: 20111206230921indexv2td.jpg]

Its for the airduct system in AC_Index 2.0

Because, as it is, it just looks horrible. And there are several openings in this map that look that way and i cant work out how to do it.

EDIT: its only this and some bits and bobs to do before i release this map properly.
Thanks given by:
you have to look to the ceiling if you want to change textures on cubes which come from there

edit didn't read the whole post, my fault
Thanks given by:
Quote:How do i match Texture (A) with texture (B).

Use your eyes?

I'm hoping I don't understand the question because there is no way you don't know how to do that. Look up, hold x, scrollwheel.
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 11, 04:06PM)Mael Wrote: ...I'm hoping I don't understand the question because there is no way you don't know how to do that. Look up, hold x, scrollwheel.

Just tried. all that happens is the height of the wall goes up. it does not change the texture.
Thanks given by:
If your using a full sized keyboard and not a notebook, you can also use the 7 and 4 keys on the numberpad (not the same as the row of numbers above letters).
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 11, 04:48PM)[SODA]___ME___ Wrote: If your using a full sized keyboard and not a notebook, you can also use the 7 and 4 keys on the numberpad (not the same as the row of numbers above letters).

Trying it...
EDIT: My number 7 is binded to "RIGHT>>>RIGHT>>>RIGHT" but number 4 does nothing.
NOOB EDIT: re-read your post. I used the numpad and it has worked. -.-'

Thanks very much.
Thanks given by:
Hey Myke, looky here: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/mapediting1.html ;)
Thanks given by:
that docs need revision imho :P they helped me with some things, but the main stuff i had to find out myself
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 11, 07:23PM)kleinkariert Wrote: that docs need revision imho :P they helped me with some things, but the main stuff i had to find out myself

like ?
Thanks given by:
That's an "upper wall," completely different from normal wall.
Thanks given by:
numpad 7 ... if ur on a laptop , Fn+Numlock, then 7 ..... ur welcome
Thanks given by:
* Cleaner wonder why some publishes map without this basic knowledge.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 11, 09:58AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: * DES|Cleaner wonder why some publishes map without this basic knowledge.

Its a steep learning curve... .i tried like every key on my keyboard to see what it did to a cube .... :L
Thanks given by:
DAMN
/edittex 3 1
Until they match.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 11, 02:08PM)Andrez Wrote: DAMN
/edittex 3 1
Until they match.
Reading the whole topic before replying is also a good idea.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 11, 09:58AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: * DES|Cleaner wonder why some publishes map without this basic knowledge.

Do you have to be a pro mapper to be allowed to map, in your opinion? That's sad. Everyone starts somewhere, even you did.
Thanks given by:
Now, now -- his advice was simply to avoid publishing maps until a sensible level of knowledge has been acquired, not to avoid mapping altogether until the experience magically pops into one's mind.
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 11, 04:46PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(08 Dec 11, 04:06PM)Mael Wrote: ...I'm hoping I don't understand the question because there is no way you don't know how to do that. Look up, hold x, scrollwheel.

Just tried. all that happens is the height of the wall goes up. it does not change the texture.

Mael is right, this should work. It is also the most efficient method of altering textures. (imo) The only thing I can think of is that you have key "x" bound to something else.

Try entering:

[cubescript]/bind X [ if $editing [ domodifier 3 ] ][/cubescript]

...into the console and see if it works then.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 11, 01:14AM)RealViking Wrote: Do you have to be a pro mapper to be allowed to map, in your opinion? That's sad. Everyone starts somewhere, even you did.
(10 Dec 11, 04:49AM)V-Man Wrote: Now, now -- his advice was simply to avoid publishing maps until a sensible level of knowledge has been acquired, not to avoid mapping altogether until the experience magically pops into one's mind.

It is indeed what I meant, like Alien I started mapping ages ago but never got to "publish" them prior I knew/understood all the editing capabilities, in the early stages only DES members got to see WIP and to be honest most of these maps died in the process like CLA_air_raid, tc_upside_down (a fun map) and it wasn't only a year later that I start publishing maps ac_conference, ac_egypt and worked with Jiba on ac_victorian.

These last maps took quite a few months to produce, it is a painstaking task if you want to come up with 'the real thing' and get decent recognition for your work, all those who now have they map(s) included in the official package will certainly confirm that.

Mr.Floppy has also drawn a Guide to map design that anyone should read before even hitting the 'E' key, a bit long to read (23 paragraphs) but once done and if you have inspiration/imagination/creativity inside you you'll be ready to rock.

Thanks given by:
Cleaner, it's just that you came off in an insulting way. Straight up calling a map 'crap' when it has the same general layout as 90% of the LSS maps already on akimbo. Then saying to never upload it again. New mappers don't need to hear that. They are only a few tips away from becoming as good as the average mapper. Some of us don't get groomed in the ways of mapping in a clan that has half the official maps(even though most of those mappers left DES, they were there for the story you just told about you being a new-ish mapper.)
Your above post should have been your first post in response to Myke's map. Have a nice day. <3

Thanks given by:
Where the heck are my glasses? XD
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 11, 10:01AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:
(10 Dec 11, 01:14AM)RealViking Wrote: Do you have to be a pro mapper to be allowed to map, in your opinion? That's sad. Everyone starts somewhere, even you did.
(10 Dec 11, 04:49AM)V-Man Wrote: Now, now -- his advice was simply to avoid publishing maps until a sensible level of knowledge has been acquired, not to avoid mapping altogether until the experience magically pops into one's mind.

It is indeed what I meant, like Alien I started mapping ages ago but never got to "publish" them prior I knew/understood all the editing capabilities, in the early stages only DES members got to see WIP and to be honest most of these maps died in the process like CLA_air_raid, tc_upside_down (a fun map) and it wasn't only a year later that I start publishing maps ac_conference, ac_egypt and worked with Jiba on ac_victorian.

These last maps took quite a few months to produce, it is a painstaking task if you want to come up with 'the real thing' and get decent recognition for your work, all those who now have they map(s) included in the official package will certainly confirm that.

Mr.Floppy has also drawn a Guide to map design that anyone should read before even hitting the 'E' key, a bit long to read (23 paragraphs) but once done and if you have inspiration/imagination/creativity inside you you'll be ready to rock.

I don't understand you, I just don't. In your opinion, we are not allowed to play GEMAs since "in AC language GEMA means CRAP". We are not allowed to upload gema content onto Akimbo (you expressed this like only a 11 years old would). We are not allowed to use scripts, since scripts are cheats (once again, you remind me of an 11 years old old.). We are not allowed to map, only the old, seasoned mappers are allowed to map and publish their maps. In fact, am I even allowed to be on this site, in your opinion? Hell, am I even allowed to have this game installed on my computer? Oh and I'm sorry if this post is insultive in any way, perhaps it's just you who's allowed insult people (that's probably the case).
Thanks given by:
* Cleaner hits the 'Ignore' button
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 11, 05:22PM)RealViking Wrote: In [his] opinion, we are not allowed to play GEMAs since "in AC language GEMA means CRAP". We are not allowed to upload gema content onto Akimbo...

Gemas are garbage. AC is based on realistic maps. Plus its his site and if he doesn't want that garbage on there, then shut up get over it.

Quote:We are not allowed to use scripts, since scripts are cheats ...

Only some, such as automatic gun switching, etc.

Quote:We are not allowed to map, only the old, seasoned mappers are allowed to map and publish their maps.

Practice mapping more, make something that looks realistic with intricate details, and then people would be more interested, however you should expect criticism. You can publish any map you like but if its a joke, it will get removed. Upload it to your own site, or akimbo if you decide to make a nice looking map.

I know this was answered but to provide something, Myke on default binds, selecting your squares, holding x and scrolling while looking at the ceiling would change it. I prefer this.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 11, 05:22PM)RealViking Wrote: ...not allowed
...not allowed
...not allowed
...not allowed
Stop thinking that.
You're allowed to do whatever you want (obviously some things have more considerable consequences than others, but most of what you wrote is arbitrary), but you're letting Cleaner's opinions stop you dead in your tracks. Stop being so sensitive and stop being eager to get confrontational.

Cleaner, try to find a less affronting way to express yourself.
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 11, 04:06PM)Mael Wrote: I'm hoping I don't understand the question because there is no way you don't know how to do that. Look up, hold x, scrollwheel.

Then you should see my first map cause i didn't know of to change walls/roof textures at start.
Only shitty textures on the floor...

Thanks given by:
Quote:Cleaner, it's just that you came off in an insulting way. Straight up calling a map 'crap' when it has the same general layout as 90% of the LSS maps already on akimbo. Then saying to never upload it again. New mappers don't need to hear that. They are only a few tips away from becoming as good as the average mapper. Some of us don't get groomed in the ways of mapping in a clan that has half the official maps(even though most of those mappers left DES, they were there for the story you just told about you being a new-ish mapper.)
Your above post should have been your first post in response to Myke's map. Have a nice day. <3

^I second this :)
Thanks given by:
OMG STOP!
MykeGregory got his answers.
Go back to AC and play some CTF or DM, you will soon forget all about it!
Thanks given by: