ac_faarax
ac_faarax by Spookyfish

[Image: ac_faarax_screen.jpg]

A desert style, medium size map for all modes
[recommendation: (T)OSOK, (T)DM, Flag-modes]

Setting: Mogadishu/Somalia

The story:

"The one without any weakness"

Year 1995: The Cubers Liberations Army (CLA) displaced their actions to Somalia. Their aim: To continue the destabilisation of the country in order to pursue their dirty dealings without any interferences.
Therefore, the CLA teamed up with Mohammed Farah Aidid (Somali: Maxamed Faarax Caydiid), who is not only the warlord but the boss of the clan called "Habar Gidir-Hawiye".

The temporary government of Somalia asks the international alliance for help due to the lack of any resistance against the enemy. To regain strength in Somalia, the Rabid Viper Special Forces (RVSF) is sent to get rid of the CLA as well as their local Confederate.

The chase upon "Mohammed Farah Aidid" and "Cubers Liberations Army" has been launched once again- and even the use of "inappropriate" violence is unprohibited.

[Image: ac_faarax.gif]

video:

Download ac_faarax
Thanks given by:
Hey, this looks really nice (I'm downloading it later)
My only suggestion right now [which you can ignore] just from watching the video is mess with the lights indoors to make them darker and/or less warm :)
Thanks given by:
Reminds me of ac_riverside; very nice map nonetheless.
Thanks given by:
I honestly like the maps that have a story behind them, and if the map is good it's even better :D
Thanks given by:
This map is great :)
Thanks given by:
One comment, you should make the whole story fictional, not set in the real world.

I'll check the map out sometime :)
Thanks given by:
Very nice layout and texture-work. Your best map imho. :) Just two little things. :P

This skymap-texture doesn't make sense:
[Image: 20111208_07.28.13_ac_faarax_TDM.jpg]

I'd make that spot reachable from two sides to prevent hardcore-camping^^ :
[Image: 20111208_07.28.38_ac_faarax_TDM.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 11, 10:05PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Reminds me of ac_riverside
ac_riverdry maybe?
Also, I spawned by the gastank in the RVSF base and couldn't get out.
Thanks given by:
LOL n00b
You have to have better spawning skillz to handle this map
Thanks given by:
I love backstories!
GJ.
Thanks given by: