swapping sounds
What script do i use if i want to swap one registered sound for another? Is there a command that will allow me to do that?

thx, goodside
Thanks given by:
Since the "sound" command is hard-coded, you'll not find a script that actually swaps them.
On the other hand, you could simply swap them before gameplay (if that's what you're going for, I can't see a specific goal in mind with your question) by placing in the "mods\packages\audio\sounds\[sound type]" folder your custom sound file with the same name as the sound file to be replaced. And make sure your launcher/batch/sh file has "mod=mods" active. :D
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 11:30PM)V-Man Wrote: Since the "sound" command is hard-coded, you'll not find a script that actually swaps them.
On the other hand, you could simply swap them before gameplay (if that's what you're going for, I can't see a specific goal in mind with your question) by placing in the "mods\packages\audio\sounds\[sound type]" folder your custom sound file with the same name as the sound file to be replaced. And make sure your launcher/batch/sh file has "mod=mods" active. :D
Thanks V-man. I have different player sounds for the files for pain, die, and land. I want to be able to choose in-game between the packages for the original sounds, screams, and grunts. I made a slider where you can choose one of the three options from settings, but I still need a way to change the sounds without physically changing the sound files each time. I'm thinking about running all 3 sounds for each one every time, but then having the slider just mute the other 2 that aren't in use, but I don't know what the script is for pain, dying, and hard landing. If you have the script for those, I can put them in the exec file. The files I want to choose from are pain1 thru pain6, die1 and die2, and land.
Is there a way to reset all the sounds to reload and register back up from 0?
Thanks given by:
You can change change config/sounds.cfg or issue the registersound command in-game, but there is no way to reset/reload those sounds. None that I'm aware of, anyway.
Thanks given by:
The sounds are hard-coded to respond to specified sound registrations in the config\sounds.cfg file. You could make a new one of those to register custom sounds, but the idea of having mod sound files will probably be easier for you.
Thanks given by:
Okay, thank you both. Well, the only other idea I have, then, is to make 3 sound files, sound1 thru sound3, and have the game load the ones from the specified file, depending upon some variable. Like say, as a quick example, if sound quality = low, then it goes to sound1, sound quality = medium goes to sound2, etc., but I would be using a different variable of course. But the variables get loaded after the sounds I think. Is there any way to load some variable before the sound loads which will determine which sound file gets loaded? In that case, the sounds won't be able to change in-game, but will when ac restarts.
V-man, I saw ur menu script in one of the threads. Is there a way to make a initial external menu that determines which of 3 assaultcube.batch files to load?

Actually, in that case, I might as well just make a 3 external links to each of the assualtcube.batch files to run lol, like having 3 separate games. It would be better in settings so it just stays the same until it is changed. Oh well, I'll keep thinking about it. Thanks again. :)
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 11, 02:37AM)goodside Wrote: Actually, in that case, I might as well just make a 3 external links to each of the assualtcube.batch files to run lol, like having 3 separate games. It would be better in settings so it just stays the same until it is changed. Oh well, I'll keep thinking about it. Thanks again. :)

That is a brilliant idea. You could make a batch script that allows you to choose which mod to run. Like a text-based sound-mod version of Lantry's mod manager. :D
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 11, 06:37AM)V-Man Wrote:
(27 Nov 11, 02:37AM)goodside Wrote: Actually, in that case, I might as well just make a 3 external links to each of the assualtcube.batch files to run lol, like having 3 separate games. It would be better in settings so it just stays the same until it is changed. Oh well, I'll keep thinking about it. Thanks again. :)

That is a brilliant idea. You could make a batch script that allows you to choose which mod to run. Like a text-based sound-mod version of Lantry's mod manager. :D
Thanks. Well, all I ended up doing is to make a new folder on my desktop named assaultcube with the assaultcube icon on it, so it looks exactly like the regular assaultcube button, but when opened it gives 3 shortcuts (each with the assaultcube icon also) to 3 separate assaultcube batch files named differently with the different mods. It's only one extra button to hit to start the game and much better than going thru the files each time to rename the sound mod file.

Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 11, 07:40AM)goodside Wrote: ...

Wow, good idea.
* Orynge goes to do that now.
Thanks given by:
done that before, switched the flag music to the chorus of You Spin Me Right Round, couldn't take the game seriously anymore after that.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 11, 09:16AM)Orynge Wrote:
(27 Nov 11, 07:40AM)goodside Wrote: ...

Wow, good idea.
* Orynge goes to do that now.
Thanks. I got the idea from [SODA]___ME___ when he made a separate batch file for my mods.

(27 Nov 11, 02:19PM)Hellspell Wrote: done that before, switched the flag music to the chorus of You Spin Me Right Round, couldn't take the game seriously anymore after that.
lol that's a good song

Thanks given by:
This is my health pickup sound

click icon > [Image: ogg.gif]
Thanks given by: