playermodel has no head
I used a different tris.md2 file for a new playermodel and now i can't headshoot anybody. The body frags and slashes the same, but bullets go right thru the head. How do i fix this?

thx, goodside
Thanks given by:
It has the same hit box as the default playermodel, so it's likely you're aiming at the wrong place. Give it a test in a bot match :)
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 10:00PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: It has the same hit box as the default playermodel, so it's likely you're aiming at the wrong place. Give it a test in a bot match :)
Thanks. That's what i thought too, that the hit boxes are set, so i ran both models in blender simultaneously and the original is just slightly to the left and lower than the new one. But a friend and I tried to head shoot each other using the model, aiming to the left and down some and we couldn't do it. The bullets don't even come in contact with the head at all, which is basically in the same place, not until we aim below the neck to get a frag. We'll try again, aiming at other places.

Thanks given by:
Aah, I see >_< I'm unsure then D: Sorry!
Thanks given by:
Send us a link for that model then we'll be able to explain.
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 10:33PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Send us a link for that model then we'll be able to explain.
How do I link to it?

Thanks given by:
Where did you got it from?
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 10:46PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Where did you got it from?
I used some of it from another map and made the rest. Is there a link I can upload the file to?

Thanks given by:
Sounds bulls*** to me mate!
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 11:01PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Sounds bulls*** to me mate!
I don't know what you mean. I turned an animated mapmodel from a custom map into a playermodel and added a different texture and different player sounds. It has the same dimensions as the original playermodel, but no headshot. But when I put back in the original md2 file and leave everything else the same, it has a headshot again.
Thanks given by:
Snoosnoo is right, the hitbox is separate from the model. The hitbox will stay the same. Hitbox is written into the code, whereas the model is not.

Keep trying to get headshots :P

Read this relevant thread: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4315.html
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 11:12PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Snoosnoo is right, the hitbox is separate from the model. The hitbox will stay the same. Hitbox is written into the code, whereas the model is not.

Keep trying to get headshots :P

Read this relevant thread: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4315.html
Hmmm. Okay, thanks. I'll keep trying.

Thanks given by:
Lol...

/bets goodside used the models from ac_strip
Thanks given by:
Amazing!
A legitimate use for /dbghbox and we've gone and brushed it under a rug.
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 11:04PM)goodside Wrote: It has the same dimensions as the original playermodel

Yeah right. The next thing we'll see... goodside, modified hitbox. Or not you, but someone else.
So since I'm not entirely sure how legitimate your intentions are, or those of anyone else reading this, let me tell you just this: you can't simply take arbitrary models and expect them to work as playermodels.
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 11, 11:21PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Lol...

/bets goodside used the models from ac_strip
lol Well, if anybody has that map, take the tris.md2 file from mapmodel 02 and link to the playermodel file thru the mods file, then play the bots and try to get a headshot.

(26 Nov 11, 11:37PM)tempest Wrote:
(26 Nov 11, 11:04PM)goodside Wrote: It has the same dimensions as the original playermodel

Yeah right. The next thing we'll see... goodside, modified hitbox. Or not you, but someone else.
So since I'm not entirely sure how legitimate your intentions are, or those of anyone else reading this, let me tell you just this: you can't simply take arbitrary models and expect them to work as playermodels.
Yeah, I don't want the script for the hitbox, posted here or anywhere, just help with the playermodel file for fitting the hitbox or whatever, or if somebody can redo some file to make it work right for headshots and upload it. Otherwise, use this playermodel if you DON'T want to make headshots lol.
Thanks given by:
My question was straight forward, I asked 'where you got it from?" I was more than willing to help but you're elusive reply made it for me a 'sort yourself out'.

btw, read the licences included in ac_strip!

Also about md2 read this http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4315-post...l#pid76080
Thanks given by:
Well, I messed around with the mdltrans and MD2tag tag_head numbers in the MD2.CFG file and managed to get a headshot, but it's too low. I suppose the mdltrans numbers are the x, y, z positioning for the model in the map and tag_head places the hit box, but I don't know what those numbers are. At least I know it's there now though :) . Thanks everybody, I'll keep working on it.
(27 Nov 11, 01:18AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: My question was straight forward, I asked 'where you got it from?" I was more than willing to help but you're elusive reply made it for me a 'sort yourself out'.

btw, read the licences included in ac_strip!

Also about md2 read this http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4315-post...l#pid76080
Right, licenses are why I wasn't sure about uploading it, and I'm still just learning this stuff, but if members already have the map, then they can do it themselves. Thanks for the link too. :)

Thanks given by: