[Mapmodels] Western Doors
Got this idea when I noticed the ugly thick doors in Snoosnoo's map ac_western, in this case I have used one of Nieb's textures that nicely fit the western town atmosphere.

If ever you need them open on a different angle just let me know and I'll fix that for you in no time.

>>>Download Western Doors<<<

[Image: western%20doors_1_1321703658.png]
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 12:59PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: If ever you need them open on a different angle just let me know and I'll fix that for you in no time.

Might be better to have the wings as separate models, so you could open them by rotating them just like any other model.
Clipping a half-open door would be a pain, though.
Thanks given by:
Simple and cool mapmodel, I think it might be better to have a new door texture
Thanks given by:
few upgrades and you will get western doors
[Image: Western-Door.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ac_saloon. Cheats will be shot.
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 01:17PM)tempest Wrote:
(19 Nov 11, 12:59PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: If ever you need them open on a different angle just let me know and I'll fix that for you in no time.

Might be better to have the wings as separate models, so you could open them by rotating them just like any other model.
Clipping a half-open door would be a pain, though.

Not as bad as clipping a rotated shipping container >_<

* Ronald_Reagan has done it before.
Thanks given by:
there is missing physic code for it and it needs sounds

if(player in action clip)
animate mapmodel;
rotate(mapmodel's clip)
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 01:17PM)tempest Wrote: Clipping a half-open door would be a pain, though.
Looks like it could be feasible using vertical-bar clips.

Yes, I know, a painful yet feasible process. :-P
Thanks given by:
V-Man, not necessarily very well. :P
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 01:17PM)tempest Wrote: Might be better to have the wings as separate models, so you could open them by rotating them just like any other model.
I obviously though of that when making this model but in this case it is not feasible since the doors aren't actually centred on an axis because of the frame.

(19 Nov 11, 01:56PM)Alien Wrote: few upgrades and you will get western doors
I'm on the case ;)

(20 Nov 11, 12:59AM)V-Man Wrote:
(19 Nov 11, 01:17PM)tempest Wrote: Clipping a half-open door would be a pain, though.
Looks like it could be feasible using vertical-bar clips.

Yes, I know, a painful yet feasible process. :-P
Not that very hard to sort, indeed just a vertical clips every 2 cubes will do the trick.

Thanks given by:
And here comes a few simple funny boards to add to western maps. :D

>>> Download Western Signs <<<

[Image: western%20signs_1_1321789505.png]
Thanks given by:
I love those doors <3 Think you could make me a one similar to that with how the doors are angled in my map? ;) Would be much appreciated. <3 And as for the signs, it seems there is a weird look to the edge of it...

Otherwise, good job! :D
Thanks given by:
Haha! That rawks!
Oh man! I ROFL'd so hard!
Thanks given by:
@ Snoosnoo, no problems... I'm off to Gravesend for the day so I'll post that when I'll come back this evening.

About the signs tbh it was a 10 minutes job and didn't double check it since it was more of a joke and I didn't really expect them to be used but no worries I'll sort this out today also.
Thanks given by:
Maybe you should have one big Cleaner's Mapmodels package for people to download.
Thanks given by:
Much appreciated Cleaner. There is no rush, I can update my map whenever :) The signs are comical, and I'd use a couple just for teh luls :D
Thanks given by:
(21 Nov 11, 07:09AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I'm liking it, but are you sure all of those mapmodels included in the package are needed? I had quite a few already, and some I believed to be in the default package. You might want to double check that.
Uh? What are you talking about?

Thanks given by:
I could've sworn that this was Snoosnoo's thread. I ought to read the thread title sometimes :>
Thanks given by:
There is a few different openings including the one needed for Snoosnoo ac_western.

>>> Download western doors 2 <<<

[Image: western%20doors%202_1_1322043336.png]

>>> Download western doors 3 <<<

[Image: western%20doors%203_1_1322043524.png]

And the one designed for Snoosnoo map ac_western

>>> Download western doors snoo <<<

[Image: western%20doors%20snoo_1_1322043663.png]
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 11, 11:26AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: >>> Download western doors snoo <<<

Yes sir! I've downloaded it... And these look much better compared to the 'ugly thick doors' I previously used. I'm sure they were uploaded by you on Akimbo though Cleaner ;)

Thanks a lot <3
Thanks given by:
Yeah! That was in September 2008 tho XD
Thanks given by: