server problem
Hey ive been trying to get my server running for a while, and the problem was port fowarding, but i think i fixed it, now when i run my server it says.

ERROR:AssaultCube Fatal Error: could not creat server into socket.

does anyone know what that is, and how i would fix it?

thanks - BrickSquad
Thanks given by:
It probably means you already have a server running in your machine...
Thanks given by:
ooo well i jus uninstalled ac 1.1 experimental,and i ran my server and that message went away, so i guess i cant have both at same time, thank you :D
Thanks given by:
i think your port no is wrong or problem relevant to this
Thanks given by:
well, i went to portfoward.com and downloaded this thing that checks if my ports are open, it said ports 28763 and 28764 are open, yet noone can still connect to my server when i give them the connect, i dont know what the problem is now
Thanks given by:
and what is the connect?
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
sorry didnt mean to double post
Thanks given by:
I knew it... you are giving your local ip...
Your real ip is: 71.199.172.159
Check it here: http://www.whatismyip.com/

Also, must probably your ip is dynamic... so, it is interesting to you to use a service like no-ip or dyndns
Thanks given by:
oo thank you man, so when i tell people to connect to my server im supposed to give that ip?
Thanks given by:
Yes... you must give to them 71.199.172.159... but if your ip is dynamic, next time you restart your computer and try to retrieve the ip, must probably it will change. So, the best solution to you is to install a program that links your *dynamic ip* to a name, like "bricksquad.no-ip.org" or "bricksquad.dyndns.com"...
Thanks given by:
O ok now i get it, thank you very much, i really appreciate it, and im on this site no-ip.org right now to try and add that.
Thanks given by: