Q: lighting and .cfg
Hello fellas. :)

My question is quite simple. Is is possible to create a map.cfg if the map's already finished, how do i do that if yes and do i lose any seetings/mapmodels/whatever if i do that?

Second: i saw blinking lights on a map which looks quite awesome. Problem is i didn't find any guide how to do that.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks given by:
Unless you have custom content simply copy/paste the default map cfg, rename it, reload your map and save it.

About the blinking you are probably talking about this?
http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=813
Thanks given by:
No, he's talking about how to script the light (because "newent light" is a command) in the .cfg to add an awesome effect to the light (like a broken blinking ligh bulb, fire effect with some red/oranges variations, or just rave light effect :D) but it's not possible cause these commands are not alowed in the .cfg (it's not on the list..).

Of course i spoke about it on the "Idea topic" but any devs seems to saw that.

You can see the list of alowed commands in the default_map_setting.cfg.

// Possible commands that can be used in map configs are:
// ======================================================
// mapmodelreset, texturereset, mapmodel, texture, loadsky, fog, fogcolour,
// mapsound, mapsoundreset, shadowyaw, loadnotexture, watercolour.
Thanks given by:
I'd bloody love a flickering light script. :<
Thanks given by:
Thanks alot Cleaner and this guy for me: [Image: facepalm.gif].

Also thanks to .ExodusS* for making clear what i mean, even if it would be my job. ^^ The rave party thing looks quite nice, but isn't useful for realistic maps. ;) I thought I saw the flickering light somewhere..
Thanks given by:
(09 Nov 11, 01:34PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Of course i spoke about it on the "Idea topic" but any devs seems to saw that.
there's just no dev is willing to work on this, i think, but maybe you are ?
Thanks given by:
Not sure this would be implemented in a near future.
I think there would probably be a way to mimic a flickering light bulb...
Not fiddling with the actual light itself but with a mapmodel made from several layers very close to each other and of different luminosity then animating these layers accordingly.

I hope I've explained that clearly :s
Thanks given by:
(09 Nov 11, 03:47PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(09 Nov 11, 01:34PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Of course i spoke about it on the "Idea topic" but any devs seems to saw that.
there's just no dev is willing to work on this, i think, but maybe you are ?

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-16-post-6...l#pid67251

No anyone saw this.
And the "idea" thread is supposed to be an "idea" thread as i know.

Thanks given by:
(09 Nov 11, 04:08PM).ExodusS* Wrote: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-16-post-6...l#pid67251

No anyonenobody saw this.
And the "idea" thread is supposed to be an "idea" thread as i know.
nobody quoted, it's different
and yes, these are just ideas, so we're not supposed to implement or answer to all of them

Thanks given by:
Yeah but it's my idea, i'll not code it by myself if i don't know how to do it! :(
Thanks given by:
.ExodusS* (can't forget the asterisk at the end) brought up a good point -- if people are willing to participate in allowing advanced scripts to run from a map cfg file, they are free to edit their own scontext.cfg files. But remember that this would take a serious amount of cooperation and coordination to work, not to mention sacrificing some security.

@ Guinea Pig: Whenever I see flickering lights on a map, it's because my lighterror value is too high. But hey, try it out!
Thanks given by: