File permission problem with server on Win7
I have ac on win 7, and when i try to run a server I get this message:
Writing your configuration to server_autoconfigured.bat . . . Failed!

Any help?
Thanks given by:
Permissions. Normally installing into your My Documents folder will fix this. However if you don't feel like moving it or if it is there and you still have problems, try the following.

1. Make sure you are logged on as an administrator.
2. Go to your most outer ac folder, entitled something like AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4 if that's your version. Don't open the folder, rather right click and hit properties. Go to your security tab and hit advanced. On this window, click edit. You should get another similar window. You should see a list of computer users and operations along with a list of check boxes directly below. Check the box that grants full permissions for your user selected. I suggest doing this to every listed name and enabling full permissions if you don't have a shared computer. Apply and ok. Hit ok again.
3. Try your server again. If it still fails to write, then you have incorrectly given yourself full editing rights.

I am on windows XP but that's my knowledge on how to do it. Hope it helps :)
Thanks given by:
3rd or 4th almost identical Q like this in the last month - use search! - here an explanation for Win7 .. also, I'm gonna change the topic-title to something less "catch all".
Thanks given by:
i also have this problem...
now
i cannot get option change option>>run as admin for all users when i have right click..
2. i can click left click and run as admin...

Thanks given by:
Ok, running the program with right click admin does not work. Afaik this causes an internal error. You have to edit your permissions as I have stated in my first post, or as you can find by searching.
Thanks given by:
you have to actually go to properties and make sure the user you are on has full permissions.

you can be on your user name and it say Joesmith-administrator but still doenst mean you have full permissions, if you right click the file and go to security you will see a list of users and below that you will see allow and deny, to change that you need to go to advanced.
In advanced you will see a tab that says owner, make sure once you have added all the ALLOW to your user name, change the owner to that, i think default is administrator.

note: you are not signed in as administrator ( which has full control ) you are most likely singed in under (yourname) - ( administrator ) <-- which windows doesnt always give full control.

i can explain in more on IRC, #hype gamesurge.
Thanks given by: