(Help) MilkShape going PearShape...
I need some modeller's help here...

The other day I left my laptop switched on with MilkShape3D open coz I got called out for a beer (that's irrelevant to the problem).
When I got back I was in for a surprise... the program wasn't at all responding to my commands and what was shown in the windows was rather strange (like faces without vertex)...

Here is a sample of what I get with a simple bent pipe...

[Image: prob2e.jpg]

[Image: prob1y.jpg]

If I import the playermodel this is what I get...

[Image: prob3l.jpg]

Has anybody any idea of what is going on here?
FYI I have reset the settings back to originals and it didn't worked... I unistalled and reinstalled the program and it still the same, I doubt it but could it be coming from my PC?

Thanks in advance, I have shit loads of WIP that I'd like to finish asap.
Thanks given by:
Do you have a cat? Musta walked over the laptop >_>
Thanks given by:
Does your laptop have a sleep/hibernate function or anything like that?
Also, I am going to assume you have tried restarting your comp already :P
Thanks given by:
I've never used Milkshape but i've seen on another forum a very similar bug (on milkshape), it was cause of the graphic card (or a craphic card driver).
Thanks given by:
(03 Nov 11, 07:03PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Do you have a cat? Musta walked over the laptop >_>
Funny you'd said that coz I actually have one and a half cats (well, one ain't mine but he feels confy here so I kinda adopted it) and indeed they like resting on my laptop coz it's warm, I do suspect them to be the cause of the problem I did grill them but they kept they mouth shut and threaten me to call the RSPCA.

(03 Nov 11, 09:26PM)Lantry Wrote: Does your laptop have a sleep/hibernate function or anything like that?Also, I am going to assume you have tried restarting your comp already :P
It has and I did.

(03 Nov 11, 10:36PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I've never used Milkshape but i've seen on another forum a very similar bug (on milkshape), it was cause of the graphic card (or a craphic card driver).
If you could recall where and give me a link I would deeply appreciate coz atm I have switched to Blender but it really ain't my cuppa tea (mainly coz I'm used to MS3D.

Thanks given by:
I've already searched ofc, but i've not found... sry
Thanks given by:
Perhaps try asking on the milkshape forums?
Thanks given by:
Or milkshape IRC?
* Ronald_Reagan searches for one
Thanks given by:
Or come to the blending site of the modding :>

Ontopic:
I too think you should search for a forum or a channel for milkshape
Thanks given by:
Hey Cleaner, how about trying GMAX?
It's free and a good alternative. I switched to it, cause I needed it for Bf2.
I learned all basic functions in nearly 1 hour, and it's very similar to Milkshape :)
Thanks given by:
I'll have a go at it but my fears still remains in all my WIP like this bow window and such I was working on atm, will I still be able to import them? I have them saved in both MS3D and md3 format.

[Image: image8kv.jpg]

[Image: bowwindowtest1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's a sexy looking model, Cleaner <3 May I suggest that you make the roof 'one slope' rather than two? If that makes sense... It'd fit against buildings better then, I think. <3
Thanks given by:
Hm, should be no problem, there are thousands of plug-ins for GMAX ;)
If not, convert it with MM3D to a .obj , open it with Blender, and then convert it to a .3DS :D
Thanks given by:
@ Snoosnoo the main idea here was to create something totally impossible with the current engine, extrude horizontally and even further from there up or downwards, but it's also something very personal... The wooden one is actually a redo of a space I had when I was living/squatting in Eindhoven, Holland ages ago (end 70's) and between you and I the roof was even more complex than that, more like "Art Nouveau", shame I've never though taking a picture of it.
Anyhow I keep your idea in mind. ;)

@ Dementium4Ever I've already figured it about the conversions but I'll stick to what we've talked about the other day ;)
Thanks given by:
Yep, that's really the best alternative for you :)
Thanks given by:
Well Cleaner, it's a step up from Harry Potters Closet ;) I like that you're making your models have a personal sense to them <3 I just thought that it'd fit seemingly better against a cube wall. Unless... You're planning of doing a whole house? :P
Thanks given by: