Radar Glitch [Multiple Screenshots]
I've had this glitch a lot recently.
Basically what happens is the map appears on random mapmodels, weapon models, skymaps and textures.
Then another thing that happens instead of a map in my radar it displays various images from the assaultcube directory and repeatedly changes eg. textures, misc files, models (this one only happened in ac_outpost)
[Image: 20111022_16.34.19_Headshotcity_xjIGGY_TOSOK.jpg]
[Image: 20111030_16.12.52_AssaultOffice_Champ_CTF.jpg]
[Image: 20111030_16.41.57_ac_desert_TOSOK.jpg]
[Image: 20111030_15.40.35_ac_frost_OSOK.jpg]
[Image: 20111030_15.42.49_ac_gulag_TOSOK.jpg]

What caused this?
Thanks given by:
A buggy driver, probably. [Insert usual "update" request here]
Please specify your OS, graphics card and anything else that might be of interest.
Thanks given by:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4
Graphic Card: Intel Graphics Controller (built in with the motherboard)

Thanks given by:
This is a known issue, but so far nothing has been found to explain it. It appears to be a memory-leak/-glitch of some sort, but as I said, all research so far has been to no avail.
IIRC this only really happens if you switch between fullscreen and windowed mode, I've had it occur myself on linux and an nvidia GeForce 8800, but it seems to occur much more often on windows.
Thanks given by:
Never seen this issue before or heard of it on Mac, but there are other difficulties with switching from fullscreen to windowed.
Thanks given by:
I'm always on fullscreen. Must be something else. Also I've notice that ac_outpost seems to be the most glitchiest map as it is affected by many glitches.
Thanks given by:
errrr, is there anyway that I can get this?

:>

Maybe a hardcoded way?
Thanks given by:
Sure I'll email you all the terabyte of data on my pc and give the EXACT specifications of my equipment and MAYBE then the glitch willl occur. No guarantee and I won't give you your money back.
Anyway be happy you dont have the glitch :P
Thanks given by:
If it was hard coded, I could play with having the glitch and not having it.

But: Did you upgrade to the latest driver? And did this just start randomly happening, or is has it always been around?
Thanks given by:
Just started randomly happening although it first started the first time I ever played on ac_outpost.
In that game my radar did as I said in the first post.
Edit: Forgot to mention. Once in a game the map was layed over my scope but the scope image was still there. Just another quirk.
Thanks given by:
That is sketchy!
V-Man Wrote:...To really reproduce it, you'd probably purchase the same video card the complainant has, let it sit in the sun for a couple days, install the same OS (no updates), and turn on some "fancy" graphics card feature.
If that doesn't work, that's sort of a good thing, right?"

EDIT: Quote tags added.
Thanks given by:
The baking time is crucial.
Direct sunlight, 48 hours.
Thanks given by:
My graphics card is some shitty Intel one that can't run minecraft. Its probably the worst on the market.
Thanks given by: