PS3 remote for assault cube
Ok so one day I didn't have a mouse and i was wondering around the house
wondering what to do when inspiration struck me. I could program a ps3 remote to work like a mouse and play ac with it :D. After a quick google i discovered that someone had already had a similar idea, so i downloaded motion in joy gamepad tool. After doing this I made some settings that i believed would work for assault cube. However I have been unable to get the cross hair to move or use the right analog stick for this purpose. So i cant move up or down or aim. I was wondering if anybody with more experience than me wanted to take a look at it or if there is a better program. What I found wasn't working was the mouse axis command so i was wondering if there was a way to assign the mouse buttons to keyboard buttons in ac so u basically wouldn't have to use a normal mouse but it would work with the ps3 controller. Thanks Eloc
Thanks given by:
I think you mean can you move the mouse using the keyboard? It's absolutely possibly; I made a script using -PM me for the name of the software- that allows me to move the mouse using the numpad. 8, 2, 6, and 4 move the mouse one pixel in each of the cardinal directions, 5 is left click. I use it every day for minute pixel manipulation in Paint.

I assume your PS3 controller plugs into the computer's usb port and you are able to map controller buttons to keyboard keys(i.e. pressing X on the controller sends a specified key)? If so it's pretty easy to do but Brahma may end up chasing you around with a hammer if you're moving your mouse in straight lines all the time.
Thanks given by:
ok i got it :D turns out i had to go into the program and adjust some simple deadspot settings sorry for the post but mabye this will spark some interest :D and it works pretty well i just have to figure out how to desensify the right analog with the the left one going down 2.
Thanks given by:
If you have spare buttons you can program in things to say and a quick knife script and everything. Btw you can do the very same with a wii controller if you have Bluetooth on your pc. I think someone I played once wanted joystick AC too.
Nice to see awesome ideas :-D
Thanks given by:
(01 Nov 11, 09:11AM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: Btw you can do the very same with a wii controller if you have Bluetooth on your pc.
My friend and I did this :D

I seem to remember trying to find something like this for Cube and coming across a controller tutorial for AssaultCube. Perhaps it was on the old forums...this was long before I even looked at AC.

P.S. It's entirely possible that this tutorial never existed and it was all in my head :P
Thanks given by:
Lol its easy to do it :P
Change binds so all buttons are on keyboard and use the wii remote program to change the actions from the button on the remote :D
Thanks given by:
I tried this once, i had to use a PS2 controller, a XBOX pc program "xpadder" and change some keybinds in AC.
You don't have a chance against someone with a mouse...
Thanks given by:
I have a program I found on the internet called "Joy2Key" Look for it, use it.
Thanks given by:
(01 Nov 11, 05:51AM)Mael Wrote: If so it's pretty easy to do but Brahma may end up chasing you around with a hammer if you're moving your mouse in straight lines all the time.
Offtopice: I've always wanted to try ac with a touchscreen..

Thanks given by:
I have played with a wacom tablet and it is off the charts difficult. My aim just waggles around the entire game as I struggle to find the center of the tablet.
Thanks given by:
So you can't touch someones head and expect a headshot? That's disappointing ;]
Thanks given by:
i found a pc mod, and a modified ps3 Play Remote.
for those of you's that dont know what a Ps3play remote is it's like sony's idea of a WiI.
it was on ebay im pretty sure, and amazon. they were selling modified receivers that plug into a usb port, and they even had the controll and it came with a keybind/controller editor program! it was pretty cool! although i dont know if it will work for assaultcube,i saw it on a game called Crossfire.
also if A_slow_old_man see's this can you seriously teach me modding, im prepared to pay like $10, im a decent java coder, and yeah this is J4cK from irc :D
Thanks given by: