Request for Centralised blackllist
No offense to any server blacklist maintainer but still i think AssaultCube needs a Centrally maintained blacklist even before release of 1.1.

I Played game last day at NZ server Pohutukawa and there was a hacker hulu playing there i took the IP by /whois cn command i find out that it was 144.122.x.x. which have been posted by Mr. Floppy 22 july. I know him before Mr.Floopy posted for blacklist i found him hacking in Kiwi server he is from Turkey and plays from his university. Just being curious how he managed to get into the server i took a look inside the kiwi blacklist and found that this year only one entry 21 june 2010 and then all are based on last year. As kiwi blacklist is based on TyD blacklist and most follow these two blacklists so you can understand why so many hacker roaming around.

I just request people who are maintain the forum to make a blacklist also so it will be easy for every server owner to have a well managed blacklist rather then looking for any clan particular blacklist.

I might be wrong about the blacklist posted in the NZ site but still a centralized blacklist is needed to keep the hackers away from the game.

No offense to NZ and Tyd blacklist maintainers.
Thanks given by:
Mr. Floppy*
Thanks given by:
1.1 = Central Blacklist.

(18 Jul 10, 08:24PM)Brahma Wrote: 11) Central blacklist (thanks to eihrul)
Thanks given by:
@Lightning :- Thx :)

@ DrauL:- That will put the blacklist to materserver but you still be needing a blacklist better start from here. Also i mentioned before 1.1.

Why we need this sometime particular member of clan who maintains these things gets busy in other things of life and he could not get time to maintain it for long time. So it will be nice to have one nicely maintain centrally blacklist so these small issues could be removed. As here we could have many helping hands rather then few per clan. So it will be easy to apply new blacklist entries to particular clans blacklist.
Thanks given by:
As you pointed out, the cheater was blacklisted initially.
RandumKiwi seems to give a lot of blacklisted people second chances (a good thing, IMO), and when those second chances are blown, the situation you experienced occurs. Honestly, I feel that if there was a centralized blacklist right now, it'd look a lot like RK's, and would probably be administered in a similar way.
So... The thing to do is calmly re-report the cheater in the main blacklist thread so RK knows the second chance has been blown.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 10, 04:27PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: RandumKiwi seems to give a lot of blacklisted people second chances (a good thing, IMO)

So can you just try cheats and you'll get next chance to cheat more discreetly? Very honest.
Thanks given by:
Some people are genuinely sorry for breaking the trust of the community, especially when they didn't previously know there was one.
But yes, I also feel a bit of what you're saying. Second chances are for people who can use them properly. There are obviously individuals who don't desire or deserve any such thing.
Thanks given by:
Well, the problem isn't in obvious cheaters but in wannabes from most well known clans. I don't even know if this community exists or is it a window dressing one. But cheaters community exists for sure and I don't know if central blacklist admin will not become a Davitomon-bis who blacklist only obvious cheaters and let "nice guys" from well known clans cheat.
Thanks given by:
You can't use a centralised blacklist to ban someone for "supposed" cheating :/ in this case you just have to let server owners decide
Thanks given by:
Cheating in AC became very easy - you even don't need code skills to do that - any noob can do that "by mistake" (what is a very often excuse).

"You can't use a centralised blacklist to ban someone for "supposed" cheating :/ in this case you just have to let server owners decide "

The problem with central blacklist is a maintenance. AC community isn't an IT company so cheaters will be always faster. I hope I'm wrong because well working central blacklist would be very helpful.

To add - if I suppose someone is not honest I just don't play with him in clan matches. I don't need blacklist to do that.
Thanks given by:
The central blacklist will be used only to the worst obvious cases... the discrete cheaters will be disrupted/autokicked by the pre-compiled (anticheat) servers.

Imo, this is not a case of second chances and punishment, but (maybe) the best way to keep the cheaters out of this game while we are playing.
Thanks given by:
The cheaters or those who publish the game should be on the blacklist, is that there comes a point where I do not trust anyone, I'm currently playing a year and a half assautlcube and would seem incredible that every time there are more cheaters in the game , clans are always asking to play a clan match I do not know anything. But as I said the other day until my clan will not die can not stop playing this game oh and zero tolerance for cheaters in this game
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 10, 09:00PM)JJThompson Wrote: Cheating in AC became very easy - you even don't need code skills to do that - any noob can do that "by mistake" (what is a very often excuse).

"You can't use a centralised blacklist to ban someone for "supposed" cheating :/ in this case you just have to let server owners decide "

The problem with central blacklist is a maintenance. AC community isn't an IT company so cheaters will be always faster. I hope I'm wrong because well working central blacklist would be very helpful.

To add - if I suppose someone is not honest I just don't play with him in clan matches. I don't need blacklist to do that.
And what do you do if you are not sure of the hack ??
We saw recently a clan could be auto kicked really easily... You need more to see how it's "dangerous" seeing the amount of admin abuse in this game ?
Thanks given by:
This is not why i posted this people taking things too personal :(
All i wanted was to give a tool in hands of the server blacklist maintainer so it becomes easy for him to maintain all these stuff.
Personally i totally agree with V-Man(second chances should be given) but still i also want to add that instead of ignoring the person (the cheater) its better to impose the blacklist for a month or so (a soft blacklist you can say). That will make him feel that he did something wrong. I didn't see any shame in that guy whom i caught cheating twice same server he was just happy because we taking things lightly. That is the reason why more people make youtube video for these hacks rather then pawnage.
Thanks given by: