Who are you favorite mappers and why?
I have created alittle friendly topic to post about who your favorite mapper is and why his or her style of mapping makes them your favorite. Lets get this ball rolling.
Thanks given by:
I don't actually have a favourite mapper. There are so many different traits to a mapper which I like, so I'll infact list a few.

Tra$h-pc, is one of my favourites, since ac_strike was bloody amazing back in the day <3
Mr.Floppy with ac_bunker was stunning. ac_graben was also good, since Floppy was obviously aware of the majority of players likes in a map, and tried to improve the over all quality of them.

When it comes to pure detail, Halo(Yes you... xD) with ac_dingy and Jiba+Cleaner with ac_victorian, a map that I loves <3

Also.. I like shad-99 when it comes to maps... He's creative, and makes some decent maps. He needs to learn to stop firing them out so fast, though! D:
Thanks given by:
Jiba is one of my favorites also, his style of mapping is completely different then most, he has a real good eye for depth and realism

Mr.Floppy is my other favorite. His style of mapping is very fun to play on. He creates a nice flow on most of his maps, and isn't afraid to try something new.
Thanks given by:
You, Mr.Floppy, Nieb but most of all makkE, because ac_mines is just a masterpiece.
EDIT: oh, and Boeufmironton made some awesome maps too!
Thanks given by:
Jiba is one of my favourite mappers :) I just love all of his maps. They have great gameplay and they look amazing.

I also like .ExodusS*'s Maps, I really like his style and his maps have some interesting ideas/techniques :)

And ofcourse Halo and Bukz make some great maps like ac_dingy and ac_stellar with great detail and gameplay :D
Thanks given by:
RandumKiwi is mine I love ac_toxic and ac_aqueous they both have great gameplay and ac_aqueous has gameplay that I love.
Thanks given by:
You, Bukz (:3) Floppy, Kiwi
Thanks given by:
optus (D:), Mr.Floppy, R4zor, Ruthless, jiba, Thorite, Exoduss, RK, Cleaner, Halo, Zarj, gRamps, vern - in no particular order. Many of them helped/inspired me become a decent mapper. :)
Thanks given by:
Shad-99, I donĀ“t really know the technical reasons why my simpleton mind gets so fond of each of his maps but I sure know when it started, and it was when I first saw Mini-Douze. I also love his mirror t/osok maps! :3
I would hump the creator of ac_trip, whoever you are, you have my eternal love.
And any GEMA mapper who puts some effort on his/her maps. They tend to be awesome, but I will call out GIBBED as one of the best, if not the best.
Thanks given by:
That's a good point actually, Bukz. I also liked Thorite's work a lot... Shame that in some maps he can't control the lag!
Thanks given by:
I have favourite maps but I haven't no favourite mappers although working with Jiba was really something (as you mentioned above).

As Bukz said, inspiration came from all over the place with also Apollo and Alien... just to mention a few missing in the list.
Thanks given by:
Duckett =P
Thanks given by:
DogDancing
Thanks given by:
Halo <3

I like all brand name map makers!

Bukz, DogDancing, jiba, Apollo, and I can't forget, ... Floppy!

I love detail the most, and I probably couldn't care less with gameplay, unless it's exteeeemely one sided, but yeah, I love all styles of mapping, as long as there's good detail.

EDIT:

(27 Oct 11, 12:39AM)gambino Wrote: Duckett =P

<3, gambie
Thanks given by:
You, jiba, RK, $N!P3R*, and Apollo.
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 11, 11:37PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: I have favourite maps but I haven't no favourite mappers although working with Jiba was really something (as you mentioned above).

As Bukz said, inspiration came from all over the place with also Apollo and Alien... just to mention a few missing in the list.

Same, I have no favourite mappers, just favourite maps... with one exception. makkE... he inspired me to stop making shite and gave me super awesome tips :)

btw: thx.
Thanks given by:
Shadow has always been a personal fave of mine seeing as he made ac_elevation :)
Thanks given by:
Oh yes, forgot about Shadow.

I lurve Elev and Hawk.
Thanks given by:
Mr.Floppy for ac_werk.
This maps is full details, there is a lot of work on it and this the most littlest map ever who can be played in public with more than 10 players. The map details he made is just awesome (even if it don't works for all type of mappers) and i recommand to all new mappers and all mappers who didn't read it... to read it!

Jiba for ac_industrial, ac_vengenza and ac_avenue.
ac_industrial: The layout was made by Brett Sanzo and a lot of players (without a real ambition). I saw the map start and i'm always wondering how Jiba saw a good map in this "map start".
There is not so many details (but a lot of pipes) the river give to the map an awesome overview.
ac_vengenza: This map is a bit unfair but the desert theme is respected (perfect!). The church on the RVSF base give a "village" look and i think this is pretty awesome. You can find this type of architecture on ac_sylang (the church).We also used the same light that Vengenza on ac_sylang (:p) and it give a good end-afternoon desert effect.
ac_avenue: This map is one of the greatest public map i've ever seen, Jiba uses the best mapping strategy he knows. He floods our eyes with a lot of houses/windows as a decors and i call this "long range details".

Undead with ac_cavern and ac_swamp.
I remember when i started ac_swamp, it was a little way (the way front of the RVSF base) with 3 beautifull doors (with platforms). When Undead saw that he said "Good theme start but... where is the fucking layout? It's the most important, never start a map from a path!". I thought he was crazy but finally it's one of the 2 best map i made, the layout is good for a lot of mode and a large range of player.
ac_cavern was an Undead's idea, we started together by the RVSF base and tryed to make a good rock/mine theme (mission accomplished!), i let him made the layout and more than 1/3 alone (cause of the mapping contest) and i came back to finish this map together. I think it's the best map he (and i) made by far.

I don't like maps like ac_ratrap or ac_steilar, mappers are goods and maps are full of good ideas but i think that mappers don't their talents of mapping to make an armonic map.
Thanks given by:
Floppy for Floppy spam <3
Thanks given by:
Floppy spam 4life. :)
Thanks given by:
Definitely Undead and ExodusS
Thanks given by:
Shadow for ac_riverside
Jiba for ac_avenue
Undead for ac_vent
Ruthless for ac_oasis
Thanks given by:
DogDancing, Mr.Floppy and Jiba.
Thanks given by:
Bloodsport for {TBR} maps
Think3r for the fun small lss maps
Z3R0 for other maps too
eynstyne for mapping creativity
PinkPanther for creative fun maps

oh and me XD
Thanks given by:
Didn't write my reasons. FTW.

Anyway, post #3:
Halo: Every map I've played by him, has been of a high quality.
jiba: As said by a member of the community (I think it was jamz), his maps are very good for pubs because, even if it's 10v10 CTF, you can always get into the enemy base and take the flag - unless a significant number of the enemy is camping, or you're just not skillful enough.
RandumKiwi: Aqueous, Toxic and Urban are awesome.
$N!P3R*: All of his maps I have tried have been done well, even if a lot of them were designed for round modes.
Apollo: Incredibly balanced maps, for both team and FFA modes.
Shadow: Elevation is a great flag mode map. Hawk is amazing for T/KTF. Riverside radiates awesomeness.
R4zor: Great mapper, with ac_awesometastic (and some other crap he made with Undead) being the only crap map I've played by him. :P
Undead: While the iClan map was horrible, everything else was awesome.
Thanks given by:
Jiba hands down. :P
He's a talented mapper who knows his stuff. Oh and he's a Kiwi too ;D
Thanks given by:
Bosko and Shad-99. Both make interesting maps to play on, not works of art but with boring game play like so many other mappers.
Thanks given by:
Shad-99 makes great maps and I also think that Z3RO makes amazing maps too.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Mappers
- [S4L]Spookyfish
- [S4L]Krull
- |40+|Shad-99
Shad for his awesome mini_douze space_douze and wintertown2 and his other maps.
Krull for ac_bunker_krull ac_field_krull ac_fort_krull
Spooky for all his amazing maps!!!
And makke for ac_douze <3
Thanks given by: