Key Binds for text?!?!?
is there a way to bind a key so when you press it says something?

cos i saw someone who was advertising his clan with the text thing, but saying it over and over, faster than he could have typed it.
Thanks given by:
/bind key [ say Text ]
for example:
/bind Q [ say haha nice shot! ]
Thanks given by:
No
Look over there
------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Thanks given by:
To repeat something fast just press "T" and the up arrow key to cycle through previously used messages/commands.
Thanks given by:
bind "KEY" [say "Message here."]

Says a single message (whatever is within the quotes "" after say) publically.

bind "KEY" [say "%Message here."]

Says a single message (whatever is within the quotes "" after say) to teamates only. Hence the percent sign % being used before the actual message. If you are NOT in a team mode, any messages containing the percent sign will STILL be shown to the public - since you have no *team*.

bind "KEY" [say "Message #1 here."; say "Message #2 here."]

Says two messages (whatever is within the quotes "" after say) publically.

bind "KEY" [say "Message #1 here."; say "%Message #2 here."]

Says two messages (whatever is within the quotes "" after say). First would be shown to the public, the second only shown to teamates.

More messages could be added to a single keybind/alias with additional use of the semicolon ; to seperate multiple say commands.

Of course you'll want to change "KEY" to whatever key you want to bind the particular message(s) to. (e.g. bind "H" [say "%Help me noobs!"])

HTH! :)
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 10, 03:10PM)C4rU$ Wrote: /bind key [ say Text ]
for example:

I'm pretty sure that won't work BTW. That one would only say "haha".
/bind "Q" [say "haha nice shot!"]
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 10, 07:32AM)Orynge Wrote:
(29 Jul 10, 03:10PM)C4rU$ Wrote: /bind key [ say Text ]
for example:

I'm pretty sure that won't work BTW. That one would only say "haha".
/bind "Q" [say "haha nice shot!"]

Nope mine works.
Thanks given by:
Really? Doesn't work for me for some reason.
BTW, I'm not doubting you.
Thanks given by:
It does work like C4rU$ said, too. However, I don't know which way is considered being the 'better coding style'.
Thanks given by:
Orynge's one is more accurate :P
Thanks given by:
Will you noob Macs get control of your operating system and make your autoexec work?
Thanks given by:
Windows Ftw xD
Thanks given by:
The one Orynge posted is more explicit in that it groups all the strings (arguments) of the "say" command into one argument. Sometimes, depending on surrounding punctuation, this clarity is required; for simple keybinds, probably not.
Thanks given by: