The All New Map Pack! [Beta]
Hey Guys,

Ive decided to make an all new map pack!

Current Maps:

ApolloFacility

ApolloDesertcity

ApolloCastle, ApolloCastle4.0

ApolloAbbey

ac_venganza1.1

ac_riverdry

ac_hawk

ac_bank

ac_avenue1.1

----------------

If you would like your map removed: Just send me a pm. This is currently in progress.

It Currently Includes: List of Clans.

Clan Submission Form

Map Submission Form

Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Forums

------

You Can Become a sponser by Pming me in ac-forums or filling out the form!

Enjoy!

Note: (I am currently underway building a better website, this website is temporary!)

http://dyhclan.createaforum.com/maps-or-...pack-v2-0/
Thanks given by:
FYI - couldn't D/L and test it yet, on my way to work - AC-wiki on MediaPack .. so you can prepare it in a way that it can become a MediaPack supported by the engine! ;-)
If you're already aware of this and have even prepared it properly .. just take this as a hint to anybody wanting to do one of their own!
You'd need to get the MediaPack-ID assignment from a developer, of course.
Thanks given by:
EDIT: removed surplus quote of previous post
This is a map pack and will not contain any textures! Also website is currently under construction.
Thanks given by:
It's a necessity to add textures, mapmodels, etc if you want to include some of the more interesting and high-quality custom maps out there...
Thanks given by:
And it's also totally beside the point ;-P
The name MediaPack was chosen due to the previous paradigm of MapPack, which was unflexible. The idea & technicalities of it are explained on the wiki-page. Of course, you're still free to provide a simple bundle of files on your own. But everybody was clamouring for the engine to be able to easily manage download of additional media - maps, and all - and this has, so far, only been used once.
The dev-team is fully aware of the amount of maps out there that aren't quite worth the bump in release-package size (mainly those that include one-time models), but still are played frequently. That's what a MediaPack can manage for you!
You'd go online, do a getmap (or auto-download) and immediately have the URL to download all the media required by the map.
It still makes sense to use this for maps-only (really w/o additional media) IMHO, if just for the sake that then nobody else has to bundle them on their own.
Do as you like, just thought Qontrol might be unaware of the feature - as there are so many who seem to be - and, as I said, I haven't yet checked the D/L itself, so I couldn't know it was a cgz-only bundle.
Thanks given by:
@flowtron this is just basicly for -dyH| but available to the ac community as well.. I will include textures later on!
Thanks given by:
Oh, so .. you're saying even "beta" is an exaggeration? :-P
If the pack contains textures MediaPack is definitely the way to go, if you want to be engine-conform/-friendly. If you don't, you don't.
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 11, 09:31PM)flowtron Wrote: Oh, so .. you're saying even "beta" is an exaggeration? :-P
If the pack contains textures MediaPack is definitely the way to go, if you want to be engine-conform/-friendly. If you don't, you don't.

It is just a thing to get my mind off studys for a while, and my mums ankle as it is broken.. I just need something to clear my mind.
Thanks given by:
I refuse to accept this as a real project until MEGATOWERS is added.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 11, 06:38AM)Bukz Wrote: I refuse to accept this as a real project until MEGATOWERS is added.

Sarcasm?
Thanks given by:
Yes, sorry I forgot the tags. :p
Thanks given by:
okay but u gota get rifle@camper.
And some smexy gemas.
Thanks given by:
which then definitely won't make it viable for an official-mediapack-ID ;-P
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 11, 12:32AM)Qontrol Wrote:
(21 Oct 11, 06:38AM)Bukz Wrote: I refuse to accept this as a real project until MEGATOWERS is added.

Sarcasm?
I'd say 'sarqasm'.
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 11, 02:14PM)Andrez Wrote: I'd say 'sarqasm'.

sargasm
Thanks given by:
Why bother anyway when there already is a place to download whatever material you fancy?
Thanks given by: