Headshot Only Server
Can someone explaim to me how to make a headshot only server?
I heard it was a mod of the source code or something...?
Idk either way I'd like to know.
Thanks given by:
Afaik, this is highly illegal. You really don't want to know. Modifying any hitbox whether client or server side will result in a ban.
Thanks given by:
Hey, the source is open for a reason, no? I believe the convention is that as long as modded servers don't connect to the official MS there's no problem.

I think the idea is that only headshots register, but I'm not sure. I don't think a mod for any hit = headshot would be very fun.
Thanks given by:
I think this could be either client or server side. Clientside would be easier (unfortunately) I think. However yes, you would make sure this didn't register to the MS with the current protocol.
Thanks given by:
@RonaldReagan yep I know all the server commands and stuff, I can easily do that.
@X-Ray_Dog There is already a server like it
@ Jack Well its only headshots register Jack Im pretty sure.

I've played in the TBR Headshot Server, and was interested about making my own.
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 11, 12:12AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Afaik, this is highly illegal.
Second half of this post.
Thanks given by:
its called the "Gib Mod"
Thanks given by:
How do I get that?
Thanks given by:
A word of caution to other people who are thinking of doing the same/similar things to the server source, if it effects gameplay, get permission - or don't register with the MS. :p
Thanks given by:
Is this a "every hit is a headshot" thing, or a "shots below the head don't damage anyone" thing?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's the latter.
Thanks given by:
I have this old gib mod but it is for 1.0.4.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 11, 06:49AM)Bukz Wrote: A word of caution to other people who are thinking of doing the same/similar things to the server source, if it effects gameplay, get permission - or don't register with the MS. :p
teeheehee, you never caught me in 1.0.4

speaking of gibmod, i might port it to 1110 as part of mmod, but the name might/will change. Gibs are associated with grenades now. :\
Thanks given by:
That'd be nice xP
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 11, 06:49AM)Bukz Wrote: if it effects gameplay, get permission - or don't register with the MS. :p
Y u all forget about negative protocol numbers?!
Thanks given by:
I, for one, never knew about them in the first place. Maybe it isn't so well-known as you like to think?
Thanks given by:
Actually, I thought there was a wiki page or something on modding where that was mentioned, but apparently I was wrong.
Thanks given by:
The TBR headshot server does not report to the master server so I see no reason why it would be highly illegal. However, I won't post the (extremely simple) server source mod here to avoid enraging self-righteous parties.

The server can usually be found at tbr-clan.ath.cx 33333 match
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 11, 04:43PM)tempest Wrote:
(21 Oct 11, 06:49AM)Bukz Wrote: if it effects gameplay, get permission - or don't register with the MS. :p
Y u all forget about negative protocol numbers?!

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4096-post...l#pid71974
Thanks given by:
lol.
should be called TOSOK pro.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 11, 05:24PM)Jack Wrote: I, for one, never knew about them in the first place. Maybe it isn't so well-known as you like to think?

If you were modding to that extent, you would probably seek out that information. You would also probably run across it in the code (like I did)

(21 Oct 11, 06:17PM)tempest Wrote: Actually, I thought there was a wiki page or something on modding where that was mentioned, but apparently I was wrong.

Try the sauer wiki, pretty sure I saw it on there.
Thanks given by:
The negative protocol source-hint/-comment is meant as a guide-line; mainly for those mods that have gotten approval to use the masterserver for widespread community testing. As long as you're not messing with the public network you can do whatever you like.

The not-on-public-network bit is mentioned In #2 of the cubeengine-modding DO's, but also applies to AssaultCube.
Thanks given by: