Skin1:

[Image: concrete_barrier_ss.png]

Skin2:

[Image: concrete_barrier_ss2.png]

Wire ss:

[Image: concrete_barrier_wire.png]

Tomorrow DL links
Thanks given by:
You should also post wireframes to go along with these. Just so I can see what they look like that way :)
Thanks given by:
Allright Sir ^^
(24 Oct 11, 12:00AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: You should also post wireframes to go along with these. Just so I can see what they look like that way :)
Done ;)
Thanks given by:
ARRH wooden stock pile then I'm done with a map ;) What are the dimensions?
Thanks given by:
That bit of concrete looks familiar. CG ?
Anyhow, it looks nice, but I miss global illumination. Remember, AC does no lightning to the models, exept a global value. That's why you will need to at least hint at some global illumiation to make it NOT look like a bright, bland or too dark blob when used in a map.
I know, it's an old fashioned way of modelling. Always view your models in vertex light when you texture them - a nice render will not represent what it will look like in-game.
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 11, 04:36PM)makkE Wrote: That bit of concrete looks familiar. CG ?
Anyhow, it looks nice, but I miss global illumination. Remember, AC does no lightning to the models, exept a global value. That's why you will need to at least hint at some global illumiation to make it NOT look like a bright, bland or too dark blob when used in a map.
I know, it's an old fashioned way of modelling. Always view your models in vertex light when you texture them - a nice render will not represent what it will look like in-game.
Thank's makkE. & Yes, textures are from CGtextures.
What do you mean by hint at some global illumination ? (I'm working on Blender)
Btw, I changed some brithgness/contraste so it looks much better now in-game.

And for the Download links, here we go:

Mirror Download 1

I'll add Akimbo mirror later

Models included in the .rar package:

-Bookcase
-Bridge
-Clothes
-Concrete Barrier
-Shovel
-Stall (Two models)
-Wood pill

Tell me what do you think, (Note that some models are still WIP)
Thanks given by:
What I meant is simply to just paint light and shadow onto the model, since the engine does nothing in this field. You usually get best results if you don't go for drastic highlights/shadows, but rather use global/ambient style lightning (basically the scattering and refractioning of diffuse ambient light) on your textures.

In blender though, iirc you can bake some global illumination onto a texture, but it requires the uv to have special properties I think.
So, easiest is to just add some light yourself gently.
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 11, 11:54PM)makkE Wrote: What I meant is simply to just paint light and shadow onto the model, since the engine does nothing in this field. You usually get best results if you don't go for drastic highlights/shadows, but rather use global/ambient style lightning (basically the scattering and refractioning of diffuse ambient light) on your textures.

In blender though, iirc you can bake some global illumination onto a texture, but it requires the uv to have special properties I think.
So, easiest is to just add some light yourself gently.

Ah oke got it now, thank's
I'll do it. And just one question, does other official mapmodels (yours for exemple) have that technique ?
Thanks given by:
Yes I always painted on some basic lightning onto my models. Some require more, some less, also depends on the model itself and it's application. Look at drainpipe for example.

If you look at your textured model in blender or other modelling apps, the material that holds the texture usually gets shaded in some sort of way (usually smooth shaded).
AC doesn't use any shading or material properties.

Thanks given by:
oke thank's for those informations ;)

Next Model ==> Small Tree

[Image: plant_ingame.jpg]
Thanks given by:
sniperz you can easily get what makkE mean with the ambocc and a second overlay as a "full render" bake with a lamp (not to bright, just slight shadows)
I guess you already knew this but I'll post it anyway xD
Thanks given by:
Ok, I think i did it but I'm not sure.
In this case I took the Concrete mapmodel and here's what I did:

First, here is the uvmap:
[Image: uv_map.jpg]

And here is the textured uvmap:
[Image: skin5.jpg]

-I baked the ambocc texture, so I got this:
[Image: ambocc.png]

-In Photoshop, I opened the textured uvmap, and put on it the ambocc bake texture (layer: multiply with 50% opacity). Now i get this final texture:
[Image: skin5_bake.jpg]

So those steps I did are correct? (I think it doesnt look right because the uvmap is abit wrong, I used more than 1 mesh selection in the same UV place)

Thanks given by:
You can't bake with proper results if you have overlapping or copied UV's.
This model does not need baking imho, that'd be overkill.
Just learn using dodge/burn.

Next time you make your uv-map, think about what aread will need diffrent lightning, and what areas can share the same portion of the texture. Adding lightning to this current UV-layout will be tricky...

By the way, always use powers of two or combinations of it for the size of your images. 512x268 is BAD. Should be 512x256.
With your current skin, you take up exactly as much memory space as a 512². The graphic card uses powers of two internally for everything. In this case, it will take another step to resize your skin to 512² and fill the blanks with black (wasted). This wastes memory space, and also can slow down texture loading, because of the extra work for the card.

Never use dimensions that aren't a power of two or a multiple of it. 32², 64², 128², etc etc... 512x128 or 64x256 or similar combinations are okay - whatever fits your model's requirements best.
Thanks given by:
Meanwhile... I'm making another model, but this time a bit different: HD Pallet

[Image: pallet_hd_ss2.png]

[Image: pallet_hd_ss1.png]

This model is using High Definition textures
(27 Oct 11, 03:51PM)makkE Wrote: You can't bake with proper results if you have overlapping or copied UV's.
This model does not need baking imho, that'd be overkill.
Yeah that's what I found.
Thanks given by: