[Mapmodels] Built-in wall fan [FULLY UPDATED]
UPD After some comments and discussion i decided to decrease a little bit of vertices and faces count. Also sound added. All images and video in this post updated to.

DOWNLOAD from Akimbo

Thanks all for your comments and special thanks to:
Cleaner & makkE — for they tips about model optimizing (im crazy now about vertex welding :)
Dementium4ever — for freesound.org link — its really good site.

[Image: sFTgG.gif]
136 vertexes, 224 faces

See it in action (with the sound)

How to use
1. Unpack zip-archive into your AC directory
2. In yourmap.cfg (or in default_map_settings.cfg) at the end of mapmodels list add next string:
    mapmodel 1 0 0 0 "fantomas.ua/wallfan"
3. Add model to yourmap as usually
4. Add a clip to avoid walking thru model:
[Image: X20YY.png]
5. If you want to model sounded, just add next string in yourmap.cfg (or in default_map_settings.cfg) at the end of mapsounds list:
    mapsound "ambience/fantomas.ua/wallfan.ogg" -1
6. Near the model add new soundevent with next parameters:
    newent sound N 40 12 255
where N - is number of sound in *.cfg file (In my case N=46, but in yours may differ).
7. Have a FAN FUN :)

I would be glad any comments.
Thanks given by:
cool
Thanks given by:
looks nice
Thanks given by:
Wow, this is just amazing. Only disadvantage is that I have a feeling it is too high poly (I could be wrong but if it is then that would be a reason why the devs wouldn't be able to add it to the official package), but still on of the best map models I've seen published here on this forum, kudos!
Thanks given by:
Nice! Looks really good. :)
Thanks given by:
Looks brilliant mate :D
Thanks given by:
Cool

-sent from my new iPad
Thanks given by:
Nice one FANTOMAS, I like it pretty much although I would have seen it a little bigger than the playermodel size (that's why the "do not pass" sign is there for).

Also as makkE mentioned to me some time ago by welding the vertexes together you can seriously reduce the amount as the model stats shows below, down from 488 to 214.

[Image: wallfan.jpg]

A .ogg sound effect file for it could also be a good addition.

And at last... You could use >>>AKIMBO<<< instead of that host of yours in order to upload and archive your AC related material.
Thanks given by:
Omigosh that is teh sexy beast!
Thanks given by:
Nice model, but you have 50 redundant vertices.
Thanks given by:
That looks incredibly good :)
Thanks given by:
Thank you all for your feedback
I continue to work :)

(17 Oct 11, 06:46AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Also as makkE mentioned to me some time ago by welding the vertexes together you can seriously reduce the amount as the model stats shows below, down from 488 to 214.
(17 Oct 11, 11:12AM)makkE Wrote: Nice model, but you have 50 redundant vertices.

Thank you for your very valuable observation, men
But, how u achieve 214 vertices?
[Image: qvcKE.gif]

UPD I've got 214 vertices to. Yesss!!!
And the model became almost easier about 16KB (87472 kb was and 60960 kb now)
[Image: XA4Z2.gif]

(17 Oct 11, 06:46AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: A .ogg sound effect file for it could also be a good addition.
Yes, i thought about this to, and think, that final release will be whith the sound.
Thanks given by:
One of the best mapmodels I've ever seen. GJ!
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 11, 09:25AM)V-Man Wrote: Omigosh that is teh sexy beast!
Thanks given by:
I was refering to these:

[Image: screenshot001dfh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Done >>>

I understand that a fewer number of vertices will not get
Thanks given by:
[Image: screenshot002vn.jpg]

Vertices: 164 Triangles: 263

You will be able to save even more if you don't use two-sided planes - simply use one sided planes and add
mdlcullface 0
to your model's cfg - will render backfaces from both sides.
Thanks given by:
Damn it, makkE, thats really cool :)
Im working now on the similar task - redusing count of faces and vertices, but not so quickly as you :)

But, it seems, that i used one-sided planes :(
So, anyway, i think final release will be maximally optimized and with the sound.
Thanks for comment :)
Thanks given by:
Really nice model Fantomas ;)
Thanks given by:
If you need some sounds, got to: www.freesound.org , they usually have some awesome sounds :D

Mod edit: Only to help you learn english: ossum is actually spelled awesome. (I think of it as Awe, and some)
Thanks given by:
Looks amazing.
I dont care if its highpoly, people need to get better machines if it cant handle it!
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 11, 10:19PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Looks amazing.
I dont care if its highpoly, people need to get better machines if it cant handle it!
xD <3
AC has so many hypocritical mapmodels, and maps in general that kill FPS so badly. So this thing shouldn't be a problem.
Though there are dozens of great mapmodels not in the official package yet. :s

Thanks given by:
This has to go into the next release along with some of Cleaner's models. Absolutely amazing work we have seen lately.
Thanks given by:
Model and all contet of topic are updated.
Thanks given by:
Nice model. :]

The Model Wrote:DO NOT PASS :)
Thanks given by: FANTOMAS.UA