Cant Edit Servercmdline
When I edit my server cmdline, and try to save it I get the message "Access Denied".

Anyone know what I need to do?
Thanks given by:
What OS are you using?
Make sure you have full read/write access -- under your user name! Just having "administrator" status doesn't cut it on the newer Windows systems.
Thanks given by:
Indeed, the "Access Denied" sounds very much like Windows - both Mac OS and Linux don't make such illogical restraints. You either know you have the permissions, or you know you don't - nothing half-baked.
Sadly there doesn't seem to be much information on this subject dealt with on the wiki .. but IIRC the trick on XP used to be to have a user called Administrator, to actually have System-Operator status. *sigh*
As a completely valid work-around you should be fine as soon as you pick a non-system-directory for installation *wink-wink* - e.g. C:\MyProgs, or better still D:\Whatever.
Thanks given by:
i have win 7 and it never has those problems in the ac dir
Thanks given by:
that´s quite normal when UAC is on the default level
as normal user you don´t have access to "C:\Program Files", so you have to open notepad as administrator

Open the windows menu, type "Notepad" (without quotation marks), right click the entry and open as administrator, navigate to the file you want to edit and you´re done ;)
Thanks given by:
Thanks ärkefiende, wiki-fied!
Thanks given by: