ac_nuuk
[Image: qTQon.jpg]

Here is my entry for the 6th mapping contest.

Its a warehouse located in Nuuk/Greenland with a lot of snow / at night.

The map is specially designed for fast CTF-games, with a simple balanced 3-paths layout, a central-room with bridge that is dangerous to pass by, and with flags placed close to the base-entrances.

Story is as always: for some obscure reason CLA and RVSF have their bases in the same map, so it will inevitably come to a bad end ...

Map-Stats:
169 light
21 playerstart, 7 CLA, 7 RVSF, 7 FFA
6 pistol
8 ammobox
4 grenades
6 health
2 helmet
1 armour
89 mapmodel, 40 clipped
3 ladder
2 ctf-flag, 1 CLA, 1 RVSF
21 clip
10 plclip
total entities: 342

Screenshots:
ac_nuuk-outside_1
ac_nuuk-outside_2
ac_nuuk-outside_3
ac_nuuk-inside_1
ac_nuuk-inside_2
ac_nuuk-minimap

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6a708avass4mm3r
Thanks given by:
Looks good sputnik!! But would 7 FFA spawns mean that only 7 people can play in Free-For-All? Or spawn on top of each other.
Thanks given by:
Thanks!

As far as I know, the CLA and RVSF playerstarts are also used for respawning in FFA-games.
This mean that you have here 21 FFA-Playerstarts in total.
Thanks given by:
Looks yummy.
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome XD
Thanks given by:
Lighting looks like it could use some work.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 11, 01:50AM)Viper Wrote: Lighting looks like it could use some work.
yep, I´m also not really satisfied with it, but this was the best I could get so far...
What do you think is the main problem with it, too bright / dark, homogeneity.. ?
Thanks given by:
Ok sputnik :D. Its awesome.
Thanks given by:
@ sputnik, I haven't had the time to test your map yet but just from what I can see on the minimap it looks like bright/small radius spots here and there, these would have been OK if you had lamps models to justify it.

There is no definite rules for setting lights, it's more about a feelings and atmosphere but one thing is for sure is that lights come from more or less strong sources then they fade out.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 11, 08:49PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: ... it looks like bright/small radius spots here and there, these would have been OK if you had lamps models to justify it.
the small spots you can see in the inside areas (green ground) are actually all belonging to ceiling lamps (light 4 255)

My main problem is to get an homogenic lighting in the outside areas. This is really hard because of the snow (white floor).
I think my next try will be to put some very low lights with large radius all over the map, than put the blue/light blue lights over and than the bright/small radius lights for the lamps...

Thanks given by:
Just play with the radius for the light.
I don't really like the texturing (outside) but i like the gameplay a lot.
Thanks given by:
Is that Pronounced 'nurk'?

anyway. looks good! :D
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 11, 06:15PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Is that Pronounced 'nurk'?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...1/Nuuk.ogg
:P

(14 Oct 11, 05:07PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I don't really like the texturing (outside) but i like the gameplay a lot.
Thanks for looking at my map! You´re one of my favourite AC-mappers (specially ac_syslang) and I hope to see your entry soon... and since you will win this contest, you could give me some tips... :D
What don´t you like, the texture-choice, too monotonous / more diversity?

Thanks given by:
Hawt diggity!? Someone named a map after me :D! Looks good besides the lightning bro.
Thanks given by:
Was anyone else tempted to use the Li'l Nuk nade mod on this map? :D
Thanks given by:
I use it on EVERY map :D!
Thanks given by:
Li'l Nuk nade mod?
Map: Lookin' Good!
Thanks given by:
http://akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=901
Thanks given by:
Nuk ta mère XD
Thanks given by: