Movement sluggish - minlod/addOnLoadAlways suspected
I used addOnLoadAlways for minlod 250 and now my movement feels very laggy or chunky. My character feels very heavy and I can hardly do any movements like I used to (even strafing or simple jumping is hard now). I move at normal speed for half a second then I feel all sluggish again and sometimes the game dosen't listen to my input at the right time. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still doesn't feel right. I updated my graphics driver a month ago but that didn't really affect the game at all. Now even when I uninstall and reinstall the game I feel like I have minlod on max.
Thanks given by:
You already solved your problem. You said you reinstalled. You may still feel like you got minlod on max but that's only you (if you actually reinstalled correctly).
Thanks given by:
Help! Not just anybody!

;D
Thanks given by:
Oh if only the beatles could HELP! :D
Thanks given by:
You might need somebody, but I could use somebody!

Thanks given by:
I think he just needs somebody to love.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 11, 08:10PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: Help! Not just anybody!

;D

Help! Someone Heeeeellp!
Thanks given by:
for having personal settings on each run of the engine you should use config/autoexec.cfg - but minlod is a persistent setting, which means it is automatically saved in config/saved.cfg.
Stuff you pass into addOnLoadAlways gets executed each time a map loads, and more specifically adds to the actual alias for map-load-actions .. so, you might've actually spammed your alias there with endless lines of a useless CubeScript-call.
You should check whether or not you have anything inside the "scripts/"-directory or are running stuff from inside autoexec.cfg that might make use of timers - these could be slowing down your game!
Proper way to personalize minlod:
Move your saved.cfg out of the way, run the engine, enter your minlod-value of choice, quit and restart.

So much for a little excursion into proper usage of these new aliases meant for people like V-Man, not for the simple configuration of your personal settings.

Oh, and BTW - you've seen from all the Beatles-replies .. your thread-title was chosen poorly. Try to be more ON-TOPIC .. *chuckle*
Thanks given by:
Try using addcheck_msa from tools.cfg instead of addOnLoadAlways.
Thanks given by:
And why exactly wouldn't you just put it into autoexec.cfg?
Thanks given by:
Lock your saved.cfg and this wouldn't happen.
Thanks given by:
After backing-up my maps and demo's and reinstalling the game, I still felt some movement lag. Strangely, I also felt this in the SVN. I then realized, I forgot to turn off fraps after my failed attempts at using it! Sorry for wasting your time, especially Flowtron's.

Anyways...
Thanks given by: