Exodus Server update
Because of the difficulty to quickly commucatie with admins of the Exodus server, Cunin decided to give me 1/2 of admin power on Exodus servers. I can get ip address and ban people both temporary and permanently only half-admin don't have is the admin status on the server ( only OUTSIDE the server. )
Thanks given by:
imma ask cunin if i got admin on exodus servers yet, cause i applied
Thanks given by:
Congrats..?
Thanks given by:
S**T i didnt get it :(
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry...?
Thanks given by:
why would ya if you admin abuse...try to be seen as a fair admin and then you will get it :D
Thanks given by:
how do i admin abuse?
Thanks given by:
Good, because more admins are needed on the Exodus servers. :|
Thanks given by:
We really need more admins on those servers, good thing he gave you admin Bug, whether it's half or not.
Thanks given by:
i need admin there too, its not fair exodus u cant ban ppl, i get trolled there if i play on it :(
i wish i had admin to ban them, one was called LicMySac, and he would always troll me there :(
Thanks given by:
Having admin on servers for personal reasons is never very good I think.
Thanks given by:
(09 Oct 11, 05:31AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Having admin on servers for personal reasons is never very good I think.

(08 Oct 11, 08:21AM)Jg99 Wrote: how do i admin abuse?

(09 Oct 11, 03:04AM)Jg99 Wrote: i need admin there too, its not fair exodus u cant ban ppl, i get trolled there if i play on it :(
i wish i had admin to ban them, one was called LicMySac, and he would always troll me there :(

Thanks given by:
Sorry I don't look here as often as I would like to, but I want to add to this thread which is interesting to me.

We (at Exodus) don't probably have enough admins around, but we also have people looking at the game from IRC. I often check it myself to see if there are abuses or cheating, and I act promptly when needed. The problem is that I can't be there all the time, obviously.

We've had lots of admin requests, which were for the most part rejected, and I would like to let you understand why.
About 90% of the requests are from people that just like to have that power, or wants to use it for selfish reasons. Of course having a good game going without annoying people and cheaters may be considered as selfish too, but it's also for the good of the rest of the players.
The problem is when people clearly ask admin to apply their own rules. We had people like them and had to remove their admin status, and now we want to be more cautious about it.

To make sure the new admin is trustable, we need to follow him and see how he behaves. That's really time-consuming, and may be a pain when you have so small time left from your real life, as we're not that young anymore so life is taking over most of it.

We usually choose the admins ourself, and that's another reason why requests fails most of the times. It's hard to do so because players often change their nick, or they play at different time-zones than the current staff members, but we're doing our best to identify good people and we currently have some of them dedicating their time on moderating our servers (and any other they have an admin pass for).

Admin abuse is worse than annoying players imo.

Oh and I've seen requests to allow public voteban in the servers. Well that would fail. I've seen servers taken down by people votebanning everyone to empty them out, and I surely don't want to see that.
Thanks given by:
Cunin, maybe join or create a server share?

As it may be a bit hard for you to figure out good admins considering your little involvement in the main community...
Thanks given by:
I second that. Exodus servers need more admins, and server share is the perfect way to solve that problem.
Thanks given by:
You then have direct access to only the most trustworthy players. As an added bonus you wouldn't necessarily have to spend that much time monitoring the process (if you joined an already respected SS).
Thanks given by:
I understand BC has a servershare?
Thanks given by:
B} has talked about a server share, but never found need or enough inspiration to make our own.
Thanks given by:
what is server share?
Thanks given by:
A network of people who know and trust each other enough to share admin on their servers.
Thanks given by:
So instead of applying to be an admin on the A} clan servers, you apply to the B} server share. Which will get you admin on A} B} and C} clan servers as A-C clans trust eachother (they dont trust D}.
Thanks given by:
(28 Oct 11, 02:42AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: So instead of applying to be an admin on the A} clan servers, you apply to the B} server share. Which will get you admin on A} B} and C} clan servers as A-C clans trust eachother (they dont trust D}.

This error made my brain hurt
Thanks given by:
Good thing humans are more lenient than computers.
Thanks given by:
(28 Oct 11, 04:17AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Good thing humans are more lenient than computers.

we hope, wish, and keep on hoping for the future.
Thanks given by:
I always thought server admin sharing like above would be pretty cool but I have yet to see any well established, well functioning system. I personally wouldn't use the system just in that I don't care about having admin anywhere. If you don't like the server, then leave. The system of admin sharing is really only useful to a remote few that play often and contribute a lot to AC as well as being well known and respected. In other words, strong clan friends, not some random person that applies for admin. I don't see too many servers having problems where they need admin.

My server for instance has gone full many a times and I am the only admin... and how often to I get on AC to check on it? not often. The demo system exists for a reason. Admin is that instant relief which really is only truly good if something serous is going down like a clan match with spectators. Heavily used servers such as Exodus may want to use a share system but truly, I never see that many problems as described.

IMHO ^^^
Thanks given by:
sharing is caring
Thanks given by: