Timelapse!

There is A LOT of work and i need 2 computers.
Thanks given by:
Haven't got a clue what your on about with this.
Thanks given by:
Is this some kind of speed painting but made in AC or what?
Thanks given by:
its a timelapse of a map being made!
a very nice timelapse at that!
Thanks given by:
Nice :D
Thanks given by:
Very cool.
Thanks given by:
Niice.
Thanks given by:
Scripted? If you had to go hit F12 every 30 seconds... XD
Thanks given by:
He just fast-forwarded the video, Viper lol
Thanks given by:
It's 1 screenshot/second.
31 fps (lower at the last second).

I'm had to open 2 AssaultCube (1 mapping, 2 screen) that's why i'm had to use 2 computers.
Thanks given by:
You map sooo fast... :DD
Thanks given by:
Lol didnt V-man make a script to repeatedly screenshot so ou could bind them in a .gif to give a video effect.

On-topic Awesome! Would love to see this done on a full scale map not just a section it would be awesome to see the map grow.
Thanks given by:
/alias timelapse [screenshot; sleep 1000 [timelapse]]

I don't want a gif (bad quality), so that's all i need/used. :p
Thanks given by:
the GIF-quality isn't really an issue - but at high quality the file-size will increase dramatically! It's just as easy to create a movie from a series of JPGs (or other mime-type images): Making movies from image files
mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=10 -o test.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2:vbitrate=800
# OR
ffmpeg -r 10 -b 1800 -i %03d.jpg test1800.mp4

@D1441D3N7: this request is a bit hard to come by .. it requires quite a lot more effort - just think about it, you'll need to have the camera-POV move .. but if you're just using a consecutive iteration of screenshots as basis the sudden jumps in position will seem rather awkward.
It's not going to be much better even if the shots include intermediary positions.
Thanks given by:
(28 Sep 11, 10:20PM)flowtron Wrote: the GIF-quality isn't really an issue - but at high quality the file-size will increase dramatically! It's just as easy to create a movie from a series of JPGs (or other mime-type images): Making movies from image files
mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=10 -o test.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2:vbitrate=800
# OR
ffmpeg -r 10 -b 1800 -i %03d.jpg test1800.mp4

@D1441D3N7: this request is a bit hard to come by .. it requires quite a lot more effort - just think about it, you'll need to have the camera-POV move .. but if you're just using a consecutive iteration of screenshots as basis the sudden jumps in position will seem rather awkward.
It's not going to be much better even if the shots include intermediary positions.
Lol its D1551D3N7 1337 for Dissident.
I know it is I just thought it'd be cool like in some other videos Ive watched before like disasters played backwards to give the effect that the building is falling together.
But if you had a rectangular or square map it'd work fine Just place your camera at one side facing out and over the map. But ya that would take a while.

Thanks given by: