Demo files won't show up
I am running the portable version of ac off of a flash drive. I saved 2 demos that exposed a hacker, but I cannot find the demos to upload them. No demos will appear in the demo folder, and I'm stuck on where else to look. I can view them in the game. Where could they be? I'm also using windows 7, if that helps.
Thanks given by:
yes go to you your documents and find assaultcube_v1.1 and enter it than look for demos in that folder and demos should be in there
(this assaultcube folder is NOT the 1 your game launcher and other things are in)
Thanks given by:
Or just do a search for files ending in .dmo or the specific file saved.cfg - which would be in the sister-subfolder "config"; one up from it and then down into "demos".
AFAIK the new releases will sport a "go to my AC files"-link from the Windows-Startmenu!
Thanks given by:
out of context
speaking of windows-startmenu
what about linux and mac users?
Thanks given by:
Mac users its already there mostly :P

Been there for a long time.

Linux users should be able to know how to figure it out themselves :> (be a nice addition though)

I didn't know there was a windows start menu!
Thanks given by:
there's stuff to integrate AC into some desktop-enviroments menus - if they comply to standards - find it in the source/src folder as a shell-script.
Re:Mac - I was under the impression it was added to launch-panel (if selected) on installation, is that not true?
The Mac-Launcher definitely has a menu-option "show me my files" (or smth like that).
Re: Desktop-Links to start the game
I handle my favourites myself anyway, as I suspect most of you do, so the only real question is if people know how to properly create a (icon-)link to start the game .. possibly, but this is advanced, with the knowledge of how to easily adapt "theme"-ing and/or different startup-configurations (exec-on-run).
Linuxers will either bookmark them in their file-explorer by hand and or have easy path-access to the game-home via the "~" (home) replacement on their shell.
Anyway - the Windows Start \ All Programs \ AssaultCube (possibly inside "RabidViper") - menu-esque - folder should contain a link to the installation- and game-home- folders!
Thanks given by: