Cannot access screenshots
I run ubuntu 10.04 and when i save screenshots it saves to home/ben/.assaultcube/screenshots instead of where it really is at home/ben/desktop/assaultcube_v1.0.4

Also when i try to go to home/ben/.assaultcube, it does not exist in both the terminal and the filesystem.

I really would like to access my screenshots and serverlogs but i am unable to.

Thanks in advance,
SplatZ
Thanks given by:
try:

$ updatedb
$ locate assaultcube

Must probably these 2 commands will show all hidden folders, as well the location of your screenshots.
Thanks given by:
did you try this?

sudo nautilus ~/.assaultcube_v1.0.4

Also, does the user running AssaultCube have permission to write to ~/.assaultcube_v1.0.4 ??
Thanks given by:
Folders beginning with a dot "." are hidden in *nix systems - press Ctrl+H in nautilus to show them - inside a terminal you can TAB-complete them or simply explicitly type their location in.
This folder is meant as your AC-home, so data you put in there doesn't overwrite the vanilla files.
This is the way to go to replace default files too - so if you have your own resetbinds.cfg it resides in ~/.assaultcube_v1.0.4/config/resetbinds.cfg - this way, if you ever have any issues, you could just remove/rename that file and would be running with the release-default again ... no messy self-made backups required :-)
If you want to change the AC-home to something else - just edit assaultcube.sh
CUBE_OPTIONS="--home=${HOME}/.assaultcube_v1.0 --init"
Edit that line - "${HOME}" is the same as "~" - or "/home/USERNAME" (in general).
Thanks given by: