1000 Frames per second (FPS)
I average about 60-100fps and even as low as 40fps in bigger maps. Curse my 128mb dedicated graphics memory!

My second monitor has 32mb dedicated memory with an astounding 12fps :D

V-Sync has never affected me other than 1 or 2 more fps. Odd? Same with visual details. At max compared to low, maybe a 10fps difference but a little jumpy when set high.
Thanks given by:
I can get 40fps with 32MB integrated graphic card :p
Thanks given by:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...859AA0KDvc

nuuur!
i'm sure the human eye can pick up MORE FPS than that.
Does anyone acctually know?
Thanks given by:
My FPS is so slow I can't play anymore and thats with the lowest quality and FPS Booster by V-Man. Would making the screen size smaller help? Lol 100x100 FTW.
Thanks given by:
1000 FPS is good for your eyes, but only some rare screens can have 1Khz, it's very expansive.
Most of screens have around 60 fps, (i have the M14x and i have a 60hz max) but if you limits the vsync and use the /maxfps 60, most of the time you will have serious bugs (vertical lines, flashes etc), so you can put the fps max to ~100 (test it) for no bugs.
The eyes can see more than 25fps (i think even more than 1000), maybe someone here studyed on old 7 segments counter?
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 11, 07:47PM)MykeGregory Wrote: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...859AA0KDvc

nuuur!
i'm sure the human eye can pick up MORE FPS than that.
Does anyone acctually know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate#...ideo_games

Start there and read on.
As mentioned before, a steady frame rate is what will improve your game experience, not a high frame rate. That is why vsync will help you, even if (especially since) it restricts FPS to a lower frame rate than what your system is capable of.
Thanks given by:
Reducing resoultution GREATLY improves speed!!! Its looks so blurry like I'm drunk but my system only hums quietly rather than roaring and runs really fast! I highly recommond reducing resoulution! 500x500 is as low as you should go though. The smaller the numbers the worse the quality.
Thanks given by:
400 FPS, 1920x1080, graphics: INSANE!

\:D
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 11, 09:05PM)V-Man Wrote: That is why vsync will help you, even if (especially since) it restricts FPS to a lower frame rate than what your system is capable of.

Double buffering (which is the usual method for V-Sync) introduces extra latency though which will really hurt your gameplay. Some graphics cards' drivers may allow you to force Triple Buffering though which gets the best of both worlds (frames synced to your display and no extra latency).

For this reason, either use Triple Buffering or don't use V-Sync at all. This is advice I really can't stress enough; practically all paid competitive players play without V-Sync. Above and beyond that, get a 120hz monitor (usually they're also 3D capable).
Thanks given by:
On my integrated laptop video cards, I can see no gameplay-damaging latency from v-sync.
(Anecdotal)
Thanks given by:
I got 999999999999 Fps with photoshop.
Thanks given by:
Hey, my mom gave me a nice computer and now i have 1000 fps, i'm going to pwn some noobs on public games !!1!!1!!111!!1!

hah.

Thanks given by:
It's not about how many fps the human eye can see, it's about hits! (hit registration)

I have this crappy laptop where i can get up to 100 fps max!!!! But still it's worthless playing with SMG or AR because i can waste hole clip on someones back (at a distance) and still they have time to turn around and shoot me dead. I get better scores playing with a sniper than with any other weapon (and i kind of suck at it) maybe because i only have to fire a few shots to kill.

And i have this pc, where i get 400 to 800 fps, and the hit registration improves. It's so much easier to play with any weapon, because the shots hit the target!

I tested these two computers under the same internet connection.

So my question is: Is the hit registration affected by the fps?
If yes, than "this game is for all machines" is not so right.
Thanks given by:
I believe the physics (including hitreg) operate at a fixed fps, separate from the one you see on your screen. I.e., it is the same for everyone.
Thanks given by:
Lantry, that has been proven false to some extent (though probably mostly true). Some bizarre things rely on fps.
Thanks given by:
void limitfps(int &millis, int curmillis)
683    {
684        if(!maxfps) return;
685        static int fpserror = 0;
686        int delay = 1000/maxfps - (millis-curmillis);
687        if(delay < 0) fpserror = 0;
688        else
689        {
690            fpserror += 1000%maxfps;
691            if(fpserror >= maxfps)
692            {
693                ++delay;
694                fpserror -= maxfps;
695            }
696            if(delay > 0)
697            {
698                SDL_Delay(delay);
699                millis += delay;
700            }
701        }

1222        for(;;)
1223        {
1224            static int frames = 0;
1225            static float fps = 10.0f;
1226            int millis = SDL_GetTicks() - clockrealbase;
1227            if(clockfix) millis = int(millis*(double(clockerror)/1000000));
1228            millis += clockvirtbase;
1229            if(millis<totalmillis) millis = totalmillis;
1230            limitfps(millis, totalmillis);
1231            int elapsed = millis-totalmillis;
1232            if(multiplayer(false)) curtime = elapsed;
1233            else
1234            {
1235                static int timeerr = 0;
1236                int scaledtime = elapsed*gamespeed + timeerr;
1237                curtime = scaledtime/100;
1238                timeerr = scaledtime%100;
1239                if(nextmillis && watchingdemo)
1240                {
1241                    curtime += nextmillis;
1242                    nextmillis = 0;
1243                }
1244                if(paused) curtime = 0;
1245            }
1246            lastmillis += curtime;
1247            totalmillis = millis;
1249            checkinput();
1251            if(lastmillis) updateworld(curtime, lastmillis);
1253            if(needsautoscreenshot) showscores(true);
1255            serverslice(0);
1257            if(elapsed) fps = (1000.0f/elapsed+fps*10)/11; // avoid DIV-by-0
1258            frames++;
1260            audiomgr.updateaudio();
1262            computeraytable(camera1->o.x, camera1->o.y, dynfov());
1263            if(frames>3 && !minimized)
1264            {
1265                gl_drawframe(screen->w, screen->h, fps<lowfps ? fps/lowfps : (fps>highfps ? fps/highfps : 1.0f), fps);
1266                if(frames>4) SDL_GL_SwapBuffers();
1267            }
1269            if(needsautoscreenshot) makeautoscreenshot();
1271    #ifdef _DEBUG
1272            if(millis>lastflush+60000) { fflush(stdout); lastflush = millis; }
1273    #endif
1274            if (direct_connect)
1275            {
1276                direct_connect = false;
1277                connectserv(servername, serverport, password);
1278            }
1279        }

This was taken from main.cpp. Essentially, all that having a high framerate means is that there is very little delay each time it goes through a certain point in the main method. I'm not incredibly familiar with c++ so I can't really explain this that well but this is basically like having some sort of script wait a second before it continues. The actual framerate for the video is most likely around 60 despite it saying 1000 since most monitors refresh at a rate of around 60 hertz. This is also the reason why there are certain bugs when playing with very low framerates since the system clock does not stop (remember in 1.0.2 how smg would shoot at a lower rate with low fps?). For things like physics, I have not looked at the code, but I'm pretty sure it's based off of the system clock since you can't walk through walls at 1 fps.
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 11, 02:58PM)bballn45 Wrote: Oh ya I get 1001 frps. Bet you can't be that!

Matasar gets 5000
Thanks given by:
This site has the best explanation:

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_ca...ns_see.htm
Thanks given by:
@Roflcopter Dude thanks to you I could finally manage to increase my FPS to 100! I just had to disable V-Sync as you suggested!
Now, anyone can tell me, if my monitor is 55-76 image frequency, should I set maxfps to 76? I say because my eyes hurt now, worse than if playing the 3ds ! Or will I get used to 100 FPS?
Thanks given by:
i just tried /maxfps 1000 and my laptop now maxes out 240 - 250fps. lol
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 11, 06:31PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I could finally manage to increase my FPS to 100! I just had to disable V-Sync as you suggested!
Quote:my eyes hurt now
I'm tempted to put that in the quotes thread.
That's a sign that your monitor is more sensitive to synchronization (or the lack thereof) than you thought. For your monitor, having a steady 55-76 FPS (whatever your monitor is actually set to) is going to be much better than a jittery 100 FPS. Turn the vsync back on and the problem should go away.
Thanks given by:
I have a tv that handles 240hz and a good video card. So I imagine I can get loads of fps at max resolution and that is technically a good think. Takes a shit load of time to get used to it but I'm afraid I have noob eyes, caus I rather play on my good old lcd monitor since AC on the led tv gives me headaches.
Thanks given by:
You get a stable 240fps at 240hz?
Envy makkE is envious.
Thanks given by:
It seems like it, it shows 250 with vsync on. Looks damn good and its very fast and quite smooth. But fells kinda weird and throws me off my game a bit. Dunno if its the size of the screen or the Hz. I guess it needs some get used to it. As of now it makes me dizzy.
Thanks given by:
[Image: BU2sB.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It shouldn't make you dizzy, elcrema, au contraire.

If you get dizzyness, try raising your fov a little.
Thanks given by:
Offtopic, the name 'Sheva'. Any Graffiti references?
Thanks given by:
* VenteX uses vsync.

Oh, you people and your FPS-whoring needs. ^_^
Thanks given by:
i dont know what FPS is.. it comes to the bottom right of my screen it comes from 70-100 mostly... frame per second if i am not wrong...

but what you do with larger fps?? cause you can move your hand and fingers only at max 3 fps even if ur god..
Thanks given by:
Try setting /maxfps at different levels and see what you think of the differences.
Thanks given by: