A few noob questions!
Hey all, long time FPS gamer, about 17 years to be exact...ya, I'm old. LOL Really got into online with Q2/Q3 on dial-up. I've played a ton of FPS games online and AC perked my interest since it is similar to Quake in many ways. Now a question...just one to start:

I went and tried the online play for the first time today. It's not too bad, but I definately saw some suspect play by some players. Maybe I'm a noob, but how is it possible to frag someone who is shooting at you, kill them and then they drop a nade and kill you? Then they definately had a gun when they died? I did some experimenting and I couldn't figure out any possible way to pull that off. In fact, if I had a nade out when someone shot me, I could not drop it.

Thanks for the advice/info in advance.

Thanks given by:
This type of situation can happen many times in games. There are two ways for using nades: either using the scroll wheel on your mouse to select it, then by clicking or holding the left click, or by simply clicking or holding right click to throw the nade except if you are using sniper.

One of the ways this can happen is that right before they die they press their right mouse click and drop it, or they could have been cooking the nade while you were killing him which always concludes with the nade being dropped. So always make sure that if you hear a grenade sound after you kill an enemy, make sure that nade isn't coming from the enemy you just killed!

HTH.
Thanks given by:
Some people make that a tactical strategy to deter you from fragging them up close.
Thanks given by:
Lag is something that may happen.

Another viable option is a cheat. I know that there is some sort of cheat that allows this.

And as you know from your 17 years, CHEATING IS BAD!

Yar, its a never ending battle. You can still have fun though ^_^
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 11, 03:44AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: This type of situation can happen many times in games. There are two ways for using nades: either using the scroll wheel on your mouse to select it, then by clicking or holding the left click, or by simply clicking or holding right click to throw the nade except if you are using sniper.

One of the ways this can happen is that right before they die they press their right mouse click and drop it, or they could have been cooking the nade while you were killing him which always concludes with the nade being dropped. So always make sure that if you hear a grenade sound after you kill an enemy, make sure that nade isn't coming from the enemy you just killed!

HTH.

Isn't G a "quicknade" as well?
Thanks given by:
I'm not so sure Cemer, I've never used it that way and anyway it's easier and faster to push your middle finger down than move your thumb up to the G.
Thanks given by:
i have binded my weapon switch to C and X.
i use G to get a nade but i just click to throw it.

is it possible its the martydom cheat?

Edit: Removed cheat video. Suggestions listed videos detailing where to download and how to install/use cheats.
MG EDIT: didnt see it at time of posting. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 11, 06:38AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I'm not so sure Cemer, I've never used it that way and anyway it's easier and faster to push your middle finger down than move your thumb up to the G.

Yeah, G is the default for quicknade.
Thanks given by:
I had that prob before too. It was a kind of autodrop nade when they get killed...
But in fact it's easy to heard that nade falling..
Thanks given by:
The quicknadethrow is quick enough to make it look like they had dropped it after you killed them, but in reality it is probably just lag and quick reflexes on their part. Also it doesn't matter if they are holding a gun when they use it. It automatically switches to grenades, throws it, and switches back.
Thanks given by:
Martyrdom <3

Thanks given by:
@Wolf: I know it isn't as fast as right-clicking and scrolling, I was just asking if it was.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the ideas folks...much appreciated.

I have to lean toward a marty cheat because it happened every time we were in a gun battle. I would out gun him and he'd drop a nade upon death. I did figure out that if you watch your health and you're down to a low number you can switch to nades (I use the G key) and drop a marty. This is a very similar action to Call of Duty when you can pull the pin and drop a live nade after you're fragged.

On another note, the nades in AC are very, very weak. The blast radius is not nearly large enough considering it's a pick-up item and not part of the normal inventory. I really like nades in other games because they are usually devistating. :)
Unfortunately, one thing I've learned over the years....where there's online games there's cheaters. Every single game I've played has a small percentage of cheaters. There's people that just cannot resist being the criminal element....just like the real world.
Thanks given by:
Nades are small because they used to be a primary weapon (for pretends), and people had to be convinced that the primary weapons are ones that you don't have to find in the map before you can use them. The word "nadespam" still makes several of the players here scowl at the memories it brings up.
Thanks given by:
* Bukz tink, tink...
Thanks given by:
i love the weakness of Ac nades... u have to use them like a sniper :p
Thanks given by:
I still remember nades in 1.04. If you were good with nades, at least 1/4th of your kills would be with them, lol. That's the reason why they're so "weak". But AC is a first person shooter, not a dodgeball game.
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 11, 02:25PM)Syntax Wrote: But AC is a first person shooter, not a dodgeball game.

* Ronald_Reagan makes a new mod.
Thanks given by:
:) niiice
Thanks given by:
(14 Sep 11, 12:14AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(13 Sep 11, 02:25PM)Syntax Wrote: But AC is a first person shooter, not a dodgeball game.

* Ronald_Reagan makes a new mod.

PLZZZZZZZZZ[truncated]ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DodgeCube :D

(Arby and the Chief ftw!)
Thanks given by:
i am very new to AC, infact i was searching for best computer game for a sick computer and i got to this...

better than cs for me..

cheat is i cannot understand why people cheat? if you cheat you dont get the real fun cause you are just wasting your time.. if you have to cheat try making a cheat bot perhaps... cause real people have feelings... if you are sick that not be others are too as you..
Thanks given by: