gema mode idea or no weapon mod
are there any no weapon mods? let me know if someone can create that. also an idea for a new game mode called gema that would have no weapons or none that would kill.
Thanks given by:
* Cemer waits for the gema haters to arrive.

RUN MIKE RUN
Thanks given by:
You'd be well-advised to do this by modding the original Cube engine, since this would take the "Assault" out of AssaultCube.
Thanks given by:
Devs have said that they will remove any servers with gameplay changing mods.
Thanks given by:
But there's a no weapon mod by a_slow_old_men and a a Sondheim that goes with it made by Viper
Thanks given by:
He wants a mod that removes the ability for players to damage each other.
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 11, 04:16AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: But there's a no weapon mod by a_slow_old_men and a a Sondheim that goes with it made by Viper

i would be interested in that. how would i find it and install it into the game ?
Thanks given by:
http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=548
http://akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?t=522&f=13
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/mods.html
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 11, 11:01PM)Orynge Wrote: Devs have said that they will remove any servers with gameplay changing mods.

Can't you register it as a modded server so it doesn't get removed?
Thanks given by:
There were gema servers where players had 999 hp and 999 armor iirc. I'm sure they were banned but that seems like a much simpler way to get around damage.
Thanks given by:
With specials (little) maps where players can stuck others. that can be really fun
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 11, 02:45PM)VenteX Wrote:
(02 Sep 11, 11:01PM)Orynge Wrote: Devs have said that they will remove any servers with gameplay changing mods.

Can't you register it as a modded server so it doesn't get removed?

Yes, but people will have to know the connect code if they were playing with a normal client.

(05 Sep 11, 03:03PM)Viper Wrote: There were gema servers where players had 999 hp and 999 armor iirc. I'm sure they were banned but that seems like a much simpler way to get around damage.

Naw, just make it so no one damages the other :P That is easier.
Thanks given by:
and keep hitpush
EDIT : for nades at least
Thanks given by:
Instead of making a no weapons mod, could you try creating a game type-variant where everyone is holding a grenade that they cant throw to others and doesnt do damage to anyone but them? It would work well with gema in case you get stuck and need to suicide, instead of typing out /suicide

Another one would be if everyone was holding a knife that did no damage (or health was set to infinite), creating a no-weapons environment.

These are just ideas, I have no idea if it could be done or would work...
Thanks given by:
Setting health to infinite is WAYY easier than stopping damage. To change the health all you change is the number whereas to do no damage you would have to do code
About the no weapons: have you EVER played a gema? A lot of them require the AR to launch yourself upwards so you do need them.
Thanks given by:
D1551D3N7, you dont know what you are talking about :>

Making a weapon not damage would be way easier.
Thanks given by:
idk about you, but I have never found a hack that can make my weapons do no damage, but i've found plenty of hacks that give me infinite health. Seems probable that infinite health is easier.
:P
Thanks given by:
iirc those "hacks" would have to be server side :>
Thanks given by:
Baring in mind if you were to make infinite health, nade jumps wouldn't be a problem. Also, when being shot by someone with an ar, you'll find you get knocked back a bit. IMO, if you wanted to make a good gema server this would have to be resolved too (Although I don't know if it's possible to solve this, whilst still being able to rifle/nade jump. :<)
Thanks given by:
You do realize that the purpose of the game is to do damage to te other players??
Thanks given by:
lol jAcKRoCk*
Anyway its just as easy to ban killers with admin IMO
Thanks given by:
Snoosnoo, a weapon doing no damage has the same exact effects as infinite health, as you can only get hurt by weapons, nothing else like fall damage or random heart attacks.

But that is aside the point. As he is right, guns are for killing.

only deer and other game animals ofc, killing humans is just sick and wrong.
Thanks given by:
And killing animals isn't wrong Ronald Reagan? Reminds me to try make a hunter mode :P
Thanks given by:
Hunter mode?

"Lets go kill Bambi's mother!"
Thanks given by:
XD like them deer maps where one team shoots through a mirror :P. Aim practise.
Thanks given by:
Isn't no damage technically infinite health?
Thanks given by:
(31 Oct 11, 07:44PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Snoosnoo, a weapon doing no damage has the same exact effects as infinite health, as you can only get hurt by weapons, nothing else like fall damage or random heart attacks.

But that is aside the point. As he is right, guns are for killing.

only deer and other game animals ofc, killing humans is just sick and wrong.

sorry to quote spam...

Thanks given by:
(02 Nov 11, 12:02AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: sorry to quote spam...

It was needed. Sorry bout that.

* Cemer needs to scroll up more
Thanks given by:
The difference is that if we would carry on with infinite health but don't disable damage, people can still shoot others and push them off.
Thanks given by:
IIRC, there was an awesome Gema server run by HP? (I think) and a 'Killer' from France. Weapons did no damage, you were timed and presented with personal records/map records etc.

Shame I don't know where to get the code/if being shot pushed you back.
Thanks given by: