In ubuntu What to do after downloading the SDL's and AL SOFT
Hello, I just put Ubuntu on my laptop and tried to download ac, but whenever I go to the multiplayer and join server ac tells me the master server isn't responding. I have downloaded the SDL and AL-Soft with the terminal command and was wondering if I needed to do anything with that. Thanks, Eloc
Thanks given by:
Also, If there is anything else I may need to do with ubuntu (like a firewall, or something) or any other suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks given by:
no, ubuntu should let your game through to the internet...
maybe your router doesn't allow AC to go on internet?
Thanks given by:
Well I found out from a dev that assault cube is getting my requests, but I'm still unable to access it. I know for a fact that my router allows assault cube because I've played it on the same settings in windows. It seems to me that the problem has to be with ubuntu. Does anybody else have any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Does your computer have the same internal ip as it does on windows?
Thanks given by:
try pinging 127.0.0.1
nvm, that's my IP address

What sort of firewall does your OS use? Do you have a third-party firewall, or even antivirus?
Thanks given by:
He has UFW, but his "sudo ufw status verbose" said it's inactive when he checked. We had done "sudo ufw disable" and rebooted. I don't know if he's re-enabled it but I haven't had him do it and we just suddenly stopped working on the issue last night.

Is there an address he could traceroute to see whether the issue is at OS or application? He can ping assault.cubers.net but I'm not sure if pings to the masterserver at that address get routed elsewhere or what.

I also wanted to get his assaultcube.sh to see if there's a bad masterserver declared for some reason, but he never responded.
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 11, 12:16PM)Jack Wrote: Is there an address he could traceroute to see whether the issue is at OS or application? He can ping assault.cubers.net but I'm not sure if pings to the masterserver at that address get routed elsewhere or what.
If he can access this website, he should also be able to get the server list. Maybe try this
$ telnet cubers.net 28760
type "list" (without quotes), hit enter and see what happens.
Thanks given by:
Or type "list Devil 666\n" :>
Thanks given by:
where did you get your assaultcube?
if you used "ubuntu software manager" you have the old version 1.0.0.4 cuz they don't have the updates
but i also found that if you don't have that 1, game doesn't work on some PCs...
Thanks given by:
first sorry Jack about not responding but i kinda fell asleep with my laptop still running got hot after awhile lol. Second yes my internal IP is the same but i do have a dynamic ip. Third, I downloaded using the compressed file from the website, then tried the one from software center, then the one from the synaptics package manager. None of which work. Finally, I typed in $ telnet cubers.net 28760 and got the server list with any problems.
Thanks given by:
Heres my assaultcube.sh http://pastebin.com/Zh4DbCwd
Thanks given by:
im sorry about posting on this again but im still unable to play ac on ubuntu and am wondering if anybody has anymore ideas. Thanks oh and im wondering how do you edit your profile.
Thanks given by:
Here you go: http://forum.cubers.net/usercp.php
Sadly you cannot edit your own name :(
Thanks given by:
OFF TOPIC:
Ronald_Reagan: Not sure, might be a permission thing - but I see "Change Username" in my User-CP under "Edit Profile" .. and possibly he just wants to edit e.g. his title ... so :
|FOX|elocsitruc: Look up at the top - in that "green" block .. "User CP" that's where you find your settings!
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 11, 09:17AM)flowtron Wrote: Ronald_Reagan: Not sure, might be a permission thing - but I see "Change Username" in my User-CP under "Edit Profile" .. and possibly he just wants to edit e.g. his title ... so :
IIRC, only admins can change usernames.
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 11, 12:45PM)tempest Wrote: Maybe try this
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 11, 09:51PM)tempest Wrote:
(09 Sep 11, 12:45PM)tempest Wrote: Maybe try this
This is what appears elocsitruc@elocsitruc:~$ telnet cubers.net 28760
Trying 46.23.67.237...
Connected to cubers.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
and a bunch of servers. with the ips and stuff
And as an update i downloaded a bunch of stuff from the package manager and got my ac to say "master server is not replying" instead of the welcome message disappearing and the only thing being "master server not responding"
Thanks given by:
Flowtron: iirc only admins and mods can.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 11, 02:20AM)|FOX|elocsitruc Wrote: ...got my ac to say "master server is not replying"
I really don't understand this because the last client message the master server log has for you is:
2011-10-14 01:50:05 list sent: 67.170.[hidden] ST6elocsitruc AC1104
..which implies you have the correct version, and that the list has been sent to you.

Thanks given by:
sigh well this is confounding (fun word :P) im going to try to download some otherstuff from the package manager and i just got an update from ubuntu so maybe that will help? who knows
Thanks given by:
hmm jamz i have been playing on another computer my desktop but i did request the list off of this laptop, so would that affect your report or not? And i was wondering if anybody could teamview me to help? if you want 2 find me im usually on gamesurge #acfox or #ST6Chat during the evenings thanks.
Thanks given by: