Why You Got Kicked
I can understand the appeal of playing the exact same mode on the exact same map for 4-6 hours straight, but you are not welcome to do so on a DES server.
Yes, TOSOK ac_desert is often quite fun. But only playing that map/mode all the time is an abuse of the game, and disrespectful to the rest of the maps/modes, as well as to the server owner, who probably took great effort to craft a well-balanced map rotation.
If you need to spam this map/mode, do so on a noob server where nobody cares. But please realize there are many other modes to play, and hundreds of maps to pick from. Therefore, if I catch you abusing a DES server in this manner, I will kick you out.
Thanks given by:
V-Mad? Yeah, you mad. I refute your argument of "noob server" because Bukz is in DES, therefor DES is noob.
On a serious note the most spammed maps should really just be disabled except from maprot, or prevented from being voted over and over (isn't this in 1.1?).
Thanks given by:
Bukz doesn't count. I never see him in DES servers. :-P
Thanks given by:
the fact that its a DES server doesn't matter. your superiority ac_complex doesn't apply.
Thanks given by:
Zing.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 01:22AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: I can understand the appeal of playing the exact same mode on the exact same map for 4-6 hours straight
I see what you did there...
Thanks given by:
*cough*
rdmmde = ["2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "9" "10" "11" "13" "14" "15"]
//Maps here can be edited. If adding more, you need to increase the number from 19 to the amount you have.
//map (at $tdmmap (rnd 19)) <-- 19 needs to be edited.
rdmmap = ["ac_aqueous" "ac_arctic" "ac_complex" "ac_depot" "ac_desert" "ac_desert2" "ac_desert3" "ac_elevation" "ac_gothic" "ac_keller" "ac_mines" "ac_power" "ac_scaffold" "ac_shine" "ac_snow" "ac_sunset" "ac_toxic" "ac_urban" "ac_wasteland"]
randommode = [
mode (at $rdmmde (rnd 11))
sleep 300
map (at $rdmmap (rnd 19)) //Edit this number 19.
]
*cough*

Oh sorry, cold.
Thanks given by:
You're excused Draul.
Thanks given by:
If you want TOSOK on ac_desert, go onto the ~TgS~ servers. 24/7 ac_desert TOSOK goodness.
Thanks given by:
isnt there a server rule were your not allowed to have a map running 24/7 on maprot, theres a few servers doing that ive seen..
Thanks given by:
Maprot, sure.
Which is why it's irritating that a good map rotation can be overridden by obsessive TOSOK ac_desert votes.
bind "F3" [tosok ac_desert; say "F1 plz"; alias mapstartonce [bind "A" [suicide]; sleep 120000 [quit]]]
Thanks given by:
Nobody is going to bind A to suicide.
Thanks given by:
So we have restrictive server to masterserver policies. Your server meets the requirements DES|V-Man, and.............

people playing on it and voting the game THEY want to play. Soooooo the vote system is not working?

Welcome to the Assault_Cube Mr. Bush. Your request for the diebold voting module has been approved.

bind "F7" [tosok ac_desert; say "~F1~-=diebold voting module by DES|V-Man=-~F1~"] works great. It was INSTANT, and the vote passed soo fast.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 02:47PM)Lightning Wrote: Nobody is going to bind A to suicide.

XD how did that get in there??

@Bullpup: I won't argue with you about the ethics of server enforcement, because it'd sound exactly the same as my original post (maybe just read it again and pretend it's a new response). However, I'll add that this all boils down to the issue of server owners being able to run their servers the way they prefer. If TampaMike approaches me to say that I've acted incorrectly, I'll recant my authoritative opinions regarding his server. But I'm pretty sure I remember him saying similar derisive things about people who disrespect the other maps/modes by spamming TOSOK ac_desert.
Thanks given by:
Hold on but if the map gets voted what is the problem? Nobody is abusing it right it's the players choice right? I know people don't want to see this happen but if players vote it out it should be ok to play it right? And I don't think that players who do so are ''noobs'' and their vote should be less worthy than any other. Right?
Thanks given by:
In a democracy, that would make sense. And those people can go to where the servers are democratically run (i.e., without admins).
Thanks given by:
no, i need to play 5hours a day of bs_dust2 on only des servers............
Thanks given by:
why don't you use technical solutions to block this kind of voting abuse instead of making a thread that no one of the abusers will see ?
Thanks given by:
Mostly because I'm not the server owner.
But I sort of am using a technical solution -- kicking vote abusers.
Thanks given by:
-A ac_desert

FTW
Thanks given by:
.... because V-Man pressed F1 ? :)
Thanks given by:
For not arguing, you put a lot of words after the word 'however' that i did not read.
Thanks given by:
I agree, there's a maprot, but there's also people who wants to play same map for a long time, and we must respect them if they voted "democratically". One thing is democracy and another is voting abuse, and I will kick voting abusers for sure.
Thanks given by:
If you like to play t/osok all the time why not use a server running only t/osok mode?
It can be fun playing one map/mode 2-3times but not all day.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 01:22AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: I can understand the appeal of playing the exact same mode on the exact same map for 4-6 hours straight.

Finally, someone else that also understands this :D
Thanks given by:
The -A switch can be used in the server starter to prevent maps from being voted by normal players. The switch can be used several times. The map will then only be available through the map rotation or voted by an admin.
Thanks given by: