Ping Error
I has a ping error. Aparrently for server is not registered and therefore I cannot run my server. I have just moved across the United States and changed my internet service...does this have something to do with it? what do i do?
Thanks given by:
how long been playing?
Thanks given by:
The masterserver not being able to ping you is because you lack forwarded ports. Please read the docs.
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 11, 07:59PM)PERROS Wrote: how long been playing?

bout three years. just recently joined this site
(28 Aug 11, 08:07PM)Viper Wrote: The masterserver not being able to ping you is because you lack forwarded ports. Please read the docs.

how do u port forward? do these docs have instructions? and if so can u send me a link?
i have mac btw
Thanks given by:
;) my specialty do you have an airport extreme?
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 11, 09:38PM)Viper Wrote: ;) my specialty do you have an airport extreme?

sorry im sort of a complete retard when it comes to computers but im assuming this is a warranty service? then no i dont :(
Thanks given by:
"sorry im sort of a complete retard when it comes to computers but im assuming this is a warranty service? then no i dont :("

Sorry to be extremely honest, however I dont think you should run a server. AC already has tons of servers out there, and if you dont know how to handle your computer, you shouldn't put yourself out there in the open.
Thanks given by:
well ik map rotations and all that. setting up admin etc. its easy. i just want admin myself. i have admin to one server but the guy never turns it on. i just need some help on how to get rid of this ping error thats all man. btw im also trying to start a clan so...i wud sort of need my own server for that
Thanks given by:
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/List_of_clans

Most of the clans in that link are successful. Do they all have servers?
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 11, 02:07AM)Orynge Wrote: http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/List_of_clans

Almost all do or did at one point, yes. XD
Thanks given by:
I don't know what the big deal is about clans having servers, anyway.
We had one until that "falling out" with the person that offered to host it for us.

We're still going strong, albeit a bit of inactivity, but that's inevitable if you make a clan.
And if you want a place to meet with the clan, make an IRC channel.
And if you want to frag it up privately with clanmates, private servers are already available by the bucketload.
And if you want to frag it up publicly with clanmates, public servers are already available by the bucketload.
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 11, 02:38AM)Viper Wrote:
(30 Aug 11, 02:07AM)Orynge Wrote: http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/List_of_clans

Almost all do or did at one point, yes. XD

thank you
anyways so comon? wuts it gonna hurt? its just a game? cant u just tell me how?
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 11, 08:42PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: well ik map rotations and all that. setting up admin etc. its easy. i just want admin myself. i have admin to one server but the guy never turns it on. i just need some help on how to get rid of this ping error thats all man. btw im also trying to start a clan so...i wud sort of need my own server for that

do u mean my server? its on now, i had a power outage that glitched and screwed my internet, its up now
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 11, 04:42AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: anyways so comon? wuts it gonna hurt? its just a game? cant u just tell me how?

If it was a matter of just telling you how, one or two people would already have dumped the answer here.
To answer your question takes a lot more work than it does to ask the question. Search the forum (there are two search features here!) for your problem. Search the docs and the wiki for guides. Many people have had variations of your problem, and have benefited from the massive load of instructions contained in the solutions.
Possible searches:
port forward
Mac server
If you have exhausted these four avenues of self-help (Two search engines, docs, and wiki) and still have a problem, then it would be proper to petition the live community for help.
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 11, 08:21PM)V-Man Wrote:
(30 Aug 11, 04:42AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: anyways so comon? wuts it gonna hurt? its just a game? cant u just tell me how?

If it was a matter of just telling you how, one or two people would already have dumped the answer here.
To answer your question takes a lot more work than it does to ask the question. Search the forum (there are two search features here!) for your problem. Search the docs and the wiki for guides. Many people have had variations of your problem, and have benefited from the massive load of instructions contained in the solutions.
Possible searches:
port forward
Mac server
If you have exhausted these four avenues of self-help (Two search engines, docs, and wiki) and still have a problem, then it would be proper to petition the live community for help.

ight man sure souns reasonable
(30 Aug 11, 05:27AM)Jg99 Wrote:
(29 Aug 11, 08:42PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: well ik map rotations and all that. setting up admin etc. its easy. i just want admin myself. i have admin to one server but the guy never turns it on. i just need some help on how to get rid of this ping error thats all man. btw im also trying to start a clan so...i wud sort of need my own server for that

do u mean my server? its on now, i had a power outage that glitched and screwed my internet, its up now

Awesome. haha was getting bored
Thanks given by: