Ladder Scoring
Well, while I’m on the subject of ladders, I suppose someone has to point this out so it may as well be me.
There is something very wrong with the way the TyD ladder scores are worked out imo.

Sure, there should be some reward for time played, after all, the player puts the effort in and helps to keep the ladder alive.
Yep, CTF is probably the most common mode in the game but play Death Match games as your preference and even if you’re excellent the less skilled player who concentrates on CTF fares much better with regard to ladder performance.
How is it possible to reach a high on the ladder with a negative ratio, a 4.5% team kill ratio and a way below average kill rate per hour played and a fratio of 25 for example.
Like it or not, the statistics speak volumes about the players skill and playing style.

Imo it would be good to encourage team play and what seems to be going on often is a clan flood the server with players and they launch themselves at the flag with no regard for their team mates or their own lives and get rewarded for it.
Idk, just seems wrong to me, hardly skillful playing is it?

Maybe some correlation between ratio, kill rate and score might help solve this?
Perhaps an increase in points for kills during Death Matches.

Anyway, I’ve said my bit and I’ll get out the way of the probable flying bricks.
Thanks given by:
points for kill streaks / more points the closer kills are together (stop camping)
points for returning your teams flag, loss of points for tks.
Thanks given by:
The bias to CTF could be affected by simply creating separate categories for each gametype, right?

Anyway, my complaint: I've only been playing for 3 weeks (give or take), and while I love the idea of a ladder, it's provoked some of the more obnoxious games I've had. Being able to look at stats is great, and it's true that they *can* tell you a lot about a player, but I'm sure I'm no the only one who has seen people sitting on ladder servers and trying to boost the flags captured scores.

A week or so ago, I was stuck on a team with two "unarmed" players (who must have JUST fired the game up for the first time) against 3 clanned players and another really skilled player. They shot down any attempt at changing teams on voting and had a score of well over 10 flags to 0 before I left.

Anyway, my point is that any ranking system incentivizes obnoxious and selfish play. If you are a mature player and don't play like an ass, your own personal stats will be accurate. Just don't count on anyone else's being that way :)
Thanks given by: