Commands in assault cube command prompt
i was triying to put the animated crossheir to use in assault cube, i just need help excecuting a command in the command prompt that opens when u start AC. help plz?
Thanks given by:
To get something to be executed right when you open AssaultCube, make sure the command is in autoexec.cfg.
In the case of the most recent update to the animated crosshair, you need to have tools.cfg installed, then make sure you've placed the crosshair files in the proper place. The installation for this one is a bit complicated, I'll admit.
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 11, 02:43AM)V-Man Wrote: To get something to be executed right when you open AssaultCube, make sure the command is in autoexec.cfg.
In the case of the most recent update to the animated crosshair, you need to have tools.cfg installed, then make sure you've placed the crosshair files in the proper place. The installation for this one is a bit complicated, I'll admit.
but can u help me lol? do u have gmail?
thanks for the help

Thanks given by:
:S If that doesn't help you, then my e-mail address won't do a darn thing.
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 11, 06:41PM)V-Man Wrote: :S If that doesn't help you, then my e-mail address won't do a darn thing.

no i mean like kinda give me directions step by step ur helping 4 sure.
Thanks given by:
OK.
Make sure you have a \scripts\ folder in your AssaultCube game home. If one isn't there, no problem, just make a new one.
Download tools.zip.
Unzip tools.cfg and place it in the \scripts\ folder.
Place the xhairanim.cfg file in the \scripts\ folder.
Open autoexec.cfg for editing and put this in there:
execdir scripts
Open assaultcube.bat in your text editor and make sure that the execution line says this at some point:
--mod=mods
Make sure you have a \mods\ folder. If not, no problem, just make a new one.
Unzip the \packages\ folder from the zip file and place it in the mods folder. (Make sure its subfolders and files go with it!)

Start AC. You should have an animated crosshair. If not, make a note of any error messages and post them here.
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 11, 09:41PM)V-Man Wrote: OK.
Make sure you have a \scripts\ folder in your AssaultCube game home. If one isn't there, no problem, just make a new one.
Download tools.zip.
execdir scripts
Open assaultcube.bat in your text editor and make sure that the execution line says this at some point:
--mod=mods
Unzip the \packages\ folder from the zip file and place it in the mods folder. (Make sure its subfolders and files go with it!)

Start AC. You should have an animated crosshair. If not, make a note of any error messages and post them here.
i did that and a repeating list of "couldn't open texture packages\misc\crosshairs\greenc\green1.png" same thing came up but it ended with green2.png. then so on. and when it got to 16, it started over.
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 11, 09:54PM)Link Wrote:
(25 Aug 11, 09:41PM)V-Man Wrote: OK.
Download tools.zip.
execdir scripts
--mod=mods

i did that and a repeating list of "couldn't open textures/packages/green1
or somethign like that then it did the same thing but it said 2
btw, im using original xhairanim file
Thanks given by:
You are sure the tools.cfg file is in the \scripts\ folder?
And you're sure that your assaultcube.bat file has "--mod=mods" in it?

For good measure, copy and paste the contents of your assaultcube.bat file here.
Thanks given by:
(26 Aug 11, 12:28AM)V-Man Wrote: You are sure the tools.cfg file is in the \scripts\ folder?
And you're sure that your assaultcube.bat file has "--mod=mods" in it?

For good measure, copy and paste the contents of your assaultcube.bat file here.
yes and ok

bin_win32\ac_client.exe --home="..\..\Data\settings" --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
--mod=mods
Thanks given by:
Discussion continued via PM.
Thanks given by: