(Mapmodels) Hotel Sign
Fancy a rest after the fight? There you go...

Comment and upload it >>>> Here <<<<

[Image: hotel_1_1314221934.gif]
Thanks given by:
omg...epic :D
Thanks given by:
Awesome detail.
Thanks given by:
Omg lol, remember the comic contest on Hi-Skill? There was a comic that really needed that model hehe
Thanks given by:
:O
!!!
Thanks given by:
Cleaner does it again.
No wonder we love that guy.

Great job mate, now all i gotta do is learn how to map. :P
Thanks given by:
Thanks folks ;)
Thanks given by:
Advice. Become a dev and throw all of your mapmodels and textures and skymaps into the official package. :D ASOM too. <3 Just saying.
Thanks given by:
Now THAT would be hawt.
Thanks given by:
You say you don't like Hi-Poly? GTFO!
Thanks given by:
It's not that people don't like hi-poly; it's that some computers don't like it.
Thanks given by:
Let's make it clear, not everything I post is mine! Please read the readme.txt
Some items like this one are indeed of my creation and some have been (when licenses permitted it) reworked by me to fit AC.
EDIT: I have never made any skymaps for example, don't even know how terragen works.

Also I have no intentions whatsoever of becoming a dev for some personal reasons not at all related to AC, my contribution to the community is AKIMBO and many thanks to all who help or have helped running it...

About polys the few I could have scrapped on this model wouldn't have made much difference anyway, sorry for those with slow engines...
EDIT: I could however make another one without the letters models but then you won't have the bended "O" nor the tilted "L".

Thanks given by:
That's a nice model. Some redundant vertices/polygons though.

[Image: blahut.png]

Those vertices in the middle of the O are not necessary, since they do nothing for the shape. Close your cylinder caps with triangle strips, not fans, saves 1 poly each.
And last but not least, weld your complete model's vertices. You don't need any smoothing groups in AC, for there is no shading that would rely on them. This will reduce the number of vertexes from 902 to 436 in your case. In milkshape, this would mean to put the whole model into smoothing group 1 (if I remember correctly) - there might also be a "weld vertexes" command, can't remember.

It's actually the number of vertexes that's important for performance.
Thanks given by:
Thanks once again for the advice makkE, there are indeed snap and weld vertex commands in MilkShape.

I will definitely go back fix those when I'm finished with these one...

[Image: pumpl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Okay, so simply select all vertices and go "weld" before you export your model. You should be able to see the diffrence in the model statistcs. You can use "snap" to convieniently snap those redundant vertices together. The model might look weird after that in milkshape, just use the flatshaded view if it bothers you.
Thanks given by:
Humm, actually I'm getting curious about how many vertex I can save so I'll sort this out right now, the Fuel Pump can wait a little :D
Thanks given by:
I just checked. Actually, milkshape won't really tell you what's going on concerning vertex counts, and welding them doesn't seem to work like it used to in older versions.

What you should simply do, is select all, go to "groups" and in the "smoothing groups" section go "clear all" - this will actually weld all "virtual" vertexes.

If you did it right, and press ctrl-m, it should look crappy in smooth shaded view - that's what we want! AC doesn't need smoothing groups, all they do is add uneccesary vertexes, but milkshape automatically creates them when you create primitives.

If you own UltimateUnwrap, simply select all and go "3d" -> "Weld model"
Thanks given by:
Well I work with version 1.8.4 and it does have the "model statistics" feature, following your advice on the "O" model and using 'weld together' command I've managed to come down to 375 vertexes which is kinda good since it's even less than expected.

Just need to redo materials on that particular letter since the texture got screwed up while messing poly's shapes.

As for UltimateUnwrap I do have and roughly used it but some reason I feel more comfortable with MS3D's textures editor... But then again as I explained to Dementium4ever I've never explored that program in depth.

PS: Does it ever happen to you to when seeing a 3D screenie you start hovering your pointer on it and expecting it to turn/move round? XD

Thanks given by:
Model has been updated!

Fixed:

Rearranged the "O" letter model to get rid of 14 redundant polys
Vertex amount reduced from 904 to 372
Removed unnecessary animation frames (MilkShape3D sets it automatically to 30 frames and I keep forgetting to delete them :cry: ) reducing .md3 file from 199Ko to 18.8Ko

Thanks makkE :D

Back to my Fuel Pump now :p
Thanks given by: